The Tax Lead delivers the activities for the optimisation of Vodafone�s tax position, including minimising tax liability, tax reporting and ensuring compliance with all statutory positions.The Tax Lead focusses on activities that establish close working relationships with partners across the business, advising on tax risks and opportunities and providing expert recommendations.Typically reports to the Senior Tax Manager.
Job Title: Tax & Treasury Specialist
- Assists, advises and executes processes and activities across the tax landscape and in alignment with market legalities to support the achievement of the tax strategy;
- Drives and maintains the delivery of all aspects of external and internal tax policy and may represent Vodafone externally;
- Builds and maintains solid relations and works closely with managers and members of tax authorities and third party providers;
- Works effectively with colleagues ensuring high quality support is provided to the business including all aspects of tax advice and planning;
- Uses best practice knowledge to resolve tax risks/challenges and drives process management and tax planning;
- Has an in depth understanding of practices across the tax exposures, tax controversies and specific business tax issues including tax litigations;
- May provide informal guidance to junior staff.