Act as a business manager within the VBS Function, providing effective and proactive support to the VBS Head by managing the process for all governance meetings, including communicating decisions and agreed actions and follow up in a timely manner, working closely with business units as appropriate. Provide VBS support and assistance to the VBS Head. Provide governance and co-ordination of activities including critical business issues, reporting and analysis, project management and overseeing preparation of management documents. The role will act as the interface between VBS and Vodafone Ghana on requests for information and will be responsible for source information and compilation of reports and presentations, as required.
Job Title: Business Planning Specialist – EBUBPS0001
Act as a link between the VBS Head and the direct-reporting team, working behind the scenes to solve problems, mediate disputes, and deal with issues. Manage the conflict, politics, personalities, and issues.
Impact on the business
- VBS and Wholesale Head Support
- Write VBS Head reports eg weekly mgt team update
- Provide key management/ SMT level reports for VBS Head where required eg operational/project reviews / budget reviews / off sites
- Manage documentation on behalf of VBS Head with emphasis on confidentiality. Flag up agenda items with VBS Head direct reports and other heads as appropriate
- Read, summarize and recommend actions on different areas.
- Regularly update VBS Head with issues etc.
- Take responsibility of VBS Head correspondence: reading, replying, summarizing, editing, recommending actions, editing / deleting as appropriate.
- Prepare meeting packs and follow up on governance meetings (ops reviews and VBSreviews).
- Manage review packs and address management needs.
- Attend meetings in place of VBS Head, contribute as effectively as is possible by planning in advance with VBS Head.
- Leading the Planning and Governance – ensure tight co-ordination between
- Ensure that VBS Head’s calendar address business priorities ensuring gaps and clashes are foreseen and rectified.
- Plan meetings/events in conjunction with VBS Head and VBS Head direct reports.
- Fully provide secretariat – Operational Reviews, Management meetings, this includes: preparation of agendas and meeting materials, production of minutes, preparation of governance schedule, providing advice and guidance to presenters and effective communication between all other departments.
- Communicate with relevant functions in Vodafone Ghana
- Build and develop best practice governance across the business and provide key knowledge regarding VBSKPI’s.
3. Programme Management
- Lead in preparation and presentation on EBU major presentations: 9+15, 5+7, Commercial Priorities
- Undertake projects as requested by EBU Head
- Own, analyse and make recommendations on projects
Customers, supplier and third parties
The person will work closely with:
- The desire and ability to inspire a team of people to change the world!
- All other requirements as per the ‘Knowledge and Experience’ section above