Due to ongoing expansion and new contracts, Wood has an opportunity for a Lead Riser Engineer, to join our dynamic, friendly team on a contract basis. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a project in Ghana.
Job Title: Lead Riser Engineer
**Please note this role is only open to Ghanaian Nationals**
You will be required to work closely with the client and main contractor supporting the oversight of the main contractor for the design, procurement manufacture and installation of new and replacement of risers. Work will include day to day interfacing with the main contractor and the client teams.
- Experience of flexible risers client representative roles
- Performed similar delivery lead role for large flexible risers work scopes covering design, analysis, manufacture, loadout, installation and pre-commissioning
- Lead Company on-site representative at manufacturing facilities and vendor fabrication sites
- Performed as client lead technical representative offshore
- Experience with projects in West Africa
- Delivery lead responsible for the package management of flexible risers; including design, manufacture, transportation and installation
- Responsible for the management of flexible supplier and installation contractor, design engineers, Marine Warranty Surveyors, Vendor offshore representatives and all technical interfaces related to risers scope.
- Responsible for ensuring contractor strictly adheres to the requirements of the contract, international standards & project specifications, and that any deviances were in full compliance to the quality management system and project controls protocols.
- Lead Company representative onsite for loadouts and transpooling operations and rotational Lead Offshore Technical representative on Contractor construction vessels for execution of the installation phases.
Competency / Skill Requirements:-
- Reliability, integrity, ability to deal with contractor under pressure
- Good communicator. Self-motivated, strong report writing skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Offshore Oil & Gas Operator production, operations and constraints
- Knowledge of oil and gas project safety and quality requirements and work practices
- Knowledge of oil and gas production operations
- Minimum 15-20 years’ experience, good tech understanding of flexible risers, including design and installation
- Minimum BEng/BSc
- Good communicator
- Goal / results oriented
- Organizational and coordination skills – ability to work effectively with multi-discipline teams
- Confident and effective working closely with customers
- Excellent negotiation skills
- The ability to take ownership of issues and see them through to resolution