Individuals in the Customer Support Analyst III role are responsible for responding to customer requests by diagnosing and resolving problems and for supporting the ongoing technology needs of all employees by providing Level 2 and 3 help desk support, and assisting with leading and coordinating the activities of the client technology services and support area of IT. They work with a broad range of infrastructure products and complex client technology services and support area of IT. They work on multiple projects concurrently as a team member or as a technical lead.
Customer Support members respond to requests for IT support, logging problems, generating trouble tickets, attempting to diagnose and resolve problems, and if necessary, escalating the problem to the appropriate level of expertise. They are responsible for documenting solutions to problems and developing end-user guidelines. On an ongoing basis, they work to improve customer support processes and practices. In addition, they evaluate and recommend client software and hardware and write proposals for purchasing new or upgraded products.
Individuals in the Customer Support job family require an understanding of the foundation architecture, hardware and software used by the organization. They demonstrate skill in various custom or packaged hardware and software. They have the ability to gather information on issues and have diagnostic capabilities to enable them to describe or resolve problems. These individuals ensure that client needs are addressed and resolved in accordance with service level agreements.
Job Title: Customer Support Analyst III
- Assists with leading the project planning and requirements phase.
- Provides input during project planning and requirements phase.
- First point of contact and day-to-day technical support to end users.
- Responds to Level 2 support and works with vendors on Level 3 support.
- Assists with overseeing updates on issues to ensure client satisfaction and productivity.
- Researches trouble issues which affect multiple clients.
- Generates activity and status reports.
- Provides the user access service.
- Reviews checklists and scripts and assists with approval.
- Works with vendor technical support personnel on solutions for clients.
Client Technology Support:
- Assists with the assessment and analysis of the need for, and with implementing performance upgrades to PCs including installation of new hardware or software on an individual or large-scale basis.
- Assists with designing and deploying client support processes.
- Assist with leading the planning, building, upgrading, and maintenance of client technologies.
- Participates in deployment of new or upgrade information technology and infrastructure projects, including assisting co-workers and vendor partners.
- Installs and performs minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Updates configuration management tools.
- Develops and documents procedures for performing configuration changes, updates and upgrades.
- Provides on-going support of client technology.
- Assists with diagnosing and resolving client workstation and mobile device hardware and software issues.
- Assists with outcome investigations for problems.
- Engages the hardware vendors on issues to remedy issues or escalates for support.
- Monitors and communicates system status.
- Diagnoses and resolves client workstation and mobile device hardware and software issues.
- Creates temporary solutions until permanent solutions can be implemented.
- Assists systems, programming and vendor professionals as needed to resolve problems.
- Coordinates the resolution of escalated application, hardware and software.
- Assists with ensuring adherence to the integrity of controls, regulations and guidelines.
- Reviews operation processes to ensure consistent approval and compliance.
- Makes recommendations and changes as appropriate.
- Assists with overseeing IT inventory management for all IT equipment and/or software in accordance with company policy and procedures.
Service Level Management:
- Collaborates in the development of service-level objectives and takes steps to meet or exceed targets.
- Monitors service-level objectives to ensure that requirements are met or exceeded.
- Assists with developing client satisfaction metrics and service procedures.
- Makes recommendations to approve performance and client satisfaction metrics.
- Follows up in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Tracks performance metrics.
- Assists with monitoring of key section metrics (quality measures, customer satisfaction ratings, service level objectives, etc.) against plan and adjust processes as appropriate.
- Reviews tracking log to identify recurring problems, or problems affecting a large number of clients.
- Develops procedures and controls for service improvements.
- Recommends solutions to common problems and updates frequently asked questions documentation.
- Assists with coordination of testing with IT Groups.
- Participates in integration and user acceptance testing.
- Trains co-workers on new or existing functionality or services.
- Identifies customer training needs based on common problems.
- May provide training to less experienced technical support staff and end users on usage of software and equipment.
- Assists with developing the documentation processes and ensuring the overall scope, quality and effectiveness of the documentation continues to grow.
- Develops and delivers documentation to ensure appropriate end-user support.
- Assists with overseeing the creation and modification of documentation of issue resolutions within the Knowledge Base.
- Updates manuals/guides to incorporate new recommended products.
- Alerts team members about recurring problems.
- Assists with alerting IT groups and management about recurring problems.
- Communicates technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- May provide input to the design of backup and recovery procedures.
- Designs standard image and designs alternate images, as needed.
- Evaluates and recommends new standard products for corporate standards list.
- Participates in working groups related to standards.
- Mentors less experienced staff in multiple areas of expertise.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of complex hardware and software products and problem solving / diagnostic skills.
- Typically requires 6-7 years of relevant technical and business work experience.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, as necessary.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally, as necessary.