The General Ledger Team Lead is responsible for the day to day leadership of the Record to Report team, including the: management and overseeing the business unit general accounting. He/She will ensure that the general ledger accounts and trial balances are accurate and timely for the countries under the Shared Services’ portfolio. The lead will focus on automating transactions, promoting an internal control to minimize errors during process performance, problem resolution, and delivering performance that meets or exceeds defined service levels.
Job Title: General Ledger Team Lead
- Support the roll-in strategy and implementation of the SS globally.
- Provide leadership in coordination of all components of the GL: Manage data integrity, the preparation of financial information and GL close reporting, to ensure completeness, accuracy, timeliness and consistency of Partnership & Statutory reports.
- Supervise GL staff: provide performance feedback and coaching; oversee their training and professional development in accounting, finance and partnership policies.
- Promote and support the continuous improvement processes and the development of better tools to strengthen the SSC GL’s operations including Global initiatives.
- Maintain and execute adequate internal controls of GL processes.
- Support internal and external audit requests.
- Provide customers (NOs, RO, etc.) with financial analysis that support the decision making process.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in finance, business or accounting.
- Certified Accountant or equivalent years of relevant experience.
- Fluent in spoken and written business English, and Spanish desirable.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- A good knowledge of best practices within a project accounting environment and how to drive performance through better behaviors.
- A good knowledge Internal controls principles.
- Broad based experience in accounting and financial systems.
- Proficient in using Finance ERP solutions.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to promote a good team environment.
- Ability to coach, motivate and develop team members.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and flexible hours as needed; ability to drive results and meet strict deadlines.
- At least 4 years experience in managing a General Ledger or accounting preferred within a Shared Service Centre environment, supporting countries globally.
- Experience in interfacing with the business from a Shared Service Centre, preferable.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Results oriented
- Strategic thinking
- Problem solving and decision making
- Cope with the stress
- Building relationship
- Team work spirit
- Managerial courage
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.