Posted on :
5 Jan, 2018
5 Jan, 2018
Our client, Africa’s leading independent oil and gas Exploration and Production Company with a diverse portfolio of assets across Africa as well as interests in Europe, South Asia and South America is seeking to fill it’s Senior Subsea Engineer position with a competent Ghanaian.
Job Title: Senior Subsea Engineer
Reporting to Senior Completions Engineer, the Senior Subsea Engineer will be responsible for providing Subsea engineering support for the drilling, completion and testing team in Accra and Takoradi as well as liaise with the appropriate project group as required. The jobholder will also provide guidance and oversight responsibility for the offshore Subsea team.
• Responsible for wells subsea engineering support in Ghana Deepwater
• Responsible for interfacing with the facilities Subsea group as required.
• Contribute to delivering operational EHS performance.
• Ensures that all work within the area of responsibility is adequately documented and lessons learned are captured
• Ensure material and service providers comply with specified quality assurance requirements.
• Responsible for engineering work on new build SSXT systems.
• Responsible for engineering and procurement of all installation requirements
• Responsible for subsea test tree (SSTT) engineering and procurement.
• Responsible for ensuring that all ROV tooling has been identified to fulfill the work programme
• Provide technical expertise in wells subsea operations
• An Engineering Degree, or equivalent supplemented with practical training and experience
• Minimum of 15 years experience as a subsea engineer with operating companies.
• Proven experience as a subsea engineer with operating companies.
• Subsea completions experience in water depths greater than 800 metres is required.
• Knowledge of and experience in design and running of subsea xmas tree systems, subsea test tree systems and ROV systems
• Project management experience executing subsea well service and life of field contracts.
• Work experience in remote locations and knowledge of work environments in West Africa.
• High proficiency in the use of industry software