Posted on :
23 Oct, 2013
23 Oct, 2013
Ashesi University is a coeducational institution whose goal is to educate African leaders of exceptional integrity and professional ability. By raising the bar for higher education in Ghana we aim to make a significant contribution towards a renaissance in Africa.
Ashesi is the first university in Ghana to adopt and blend the Liberal Arts method of education with majors in Computer Science, Management Information Systems and Business Administration. The university is an independent, private, not-for-profit institution.
Job Title: Finance Officer
Ashesi University College is looking to recruit a Finance Officer. Reporting to the Director of Finance and performing general accounting duties as well as grant management, the position requires someone with a good understanding of professional accounting and reporting systems.
A strong sense of ethics and confidentiality is critical to succeed in this role.
The general duties for this position will include but not limited to the following:
• Working with the Finance team in the performance of Finance and Accounting duties.
• Establish and implement a database to track grants and contracts, and establish appropriate tracking and accounting procedures.
• Ensure accuracy and integrity of the grants and contracts database, and keep relevant staff informed of upcoming deadlines and deliverables, ensuring complete follow through on all grants and contracts.
• Work with relevant staff to ensure accurate quarterly reconciliations for grant and contract-supported programs, and to ensure that grant objectives are being met.
• Coordinate periodic and final reporting of grants; ensure compliance with reporting timelines, and to ensure that funder narrative and financial reports are complete, timely and accurate.
• Compile and analyze grant objectives and financial data.
• Maintain accurate and complete electronic and hard copies of grant and contract files.
• Compile and submit detailed statistical reports on international students to management.
• Provide content for appropriate write-up on the MasterCard Foundation grant.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Professional qualifications in Finance or Accounting will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of three (3) years work experience in an accounting role including grant management, budgeting and financial reporting, etc.
• Experience with QuickBooks Accounting Software or advanced skills in Excel.
• Excellent oral communication and presentation skills; demonstrated written communication skills.
• Excellent accounting skill.
• Ability to work both independently and to collaborate with teams of individuals in diverse settings, with solution-oriented approach.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and work well under pressure, including working with interruptions and deadlines; ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on schedule with attention to detail.
• Knowledge and skills in communicating effectively using public relations principles and practices.
• Excellent interpersonal and people management skills.
• Experience with foreign non-profit grants management.
• Ability to work effectively in a diverse environment with students, faculty, staff, donor agencies and other stakeholders.
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter, CV and other relevant information as attachments to the Human Resource Manager through:-
Closing Date: 20 November, 2013
• Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.