Posted on :
31 Aug, 2016
31 Aug, 2016
Dangote Cement Plc is a Nigerian multinational publicly traded cement manufacturer headquartered in Lagos. The company is engaged in the manufacture, preparation, import, packaging, and distribution of cement and related products across the African continent. Dangote Cement Plc was formerly known as Obajana Cement Plc and changed its name to Dangote Cement Plc in July 2010. Obajana Cement Plc was incorporated in 1992. Dangote Cement Plc is a subsidiary of Dangote Industries Limited and is the largest company traded on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. In 2013, the company produced and sold 13.3 million metric tonnes of cement, with revenues of US$2.4 billion.As of 2014, Dangote Cement had a market capitalization of $20 billion. In 2012, Forbes Africa named Dangote Cement as one of the top five listed companies in West Africa.
Dangote Cement Plc is the biggest quoted company in West Africa and the only Nigerian company listed among Forbes Global 2000 Companies. The Company currently has its headquarters in Nigeria and production plant in Ghana including 16 African countries.
Job Title: Inventory / Stores Manager
Department: Inventory stores
• To provide leadership to stores and inventory management
• Ensure proper arrangement of inventory for easy identification and inventory monitoring. .
• Ensure that stores management procedures are strictly adhered to, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing processes and procedures,
• Identify training needs for stores personnel and recommend training courses/ programmes
• Conduct regular physical inventory count, reconcile with stock ledger and ensure accurate inventory.
• Ensure effective use of ERP for stock management.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A first degree in mechanical engineering /BSC /HND in purchasing &. supply or any related discipline
• MBA would be an added advantage
• Membership of Institute of Purchasing &. supply will be added advantage
• Minimum of 6 years post-qualification experience, 3 years experience with manufacturing industry
• Experience across multiple industries e.g. cement industry
• Good knowledge of inventory principles and standards
• working knowledge of stores/materials management
• Excellent understanding of inventory ageing analysis
• Knowledge of technical spares, applications and arrangement.
• Working industry knowledge e.g, manufacturing, cement industry
• Good knowledge of standard codification of inventory
• Applicant MUST have previous experience in the use of ERP (SAP) or standard inventory management software.
How To Apply For The Job
If you meet the requirements listed for the above position and interested in making a career with our company, kindly send your CV and application to:-
Closing Date: 06 September, 2016