Posted on :
27 May, 2016
27 May, 2016
Fairtrade Africa (FTA) is the umbrella network organisation representing Fairtrade certified producers and workers in Africa. It has four (4) regional networks – Eastern & Central Africa; Southern Africa; Western Africa; and the Middle East and North Africa. Established in 2005, FTA aims to effectively represent producers and workers within the International Fairtrade system and provide services to them that contribute to the improvement of their livelihoods. The FTA Board directs policy and strategic development of the organisation.
• JOB TITLE: Business Development Advisor – Cocoa
• TEAM: Regional
• LOCATION: Accra, Ghana
• Monthly Salary: GHC 3,686 TO 5,005
FAIRTRADE AFRICA PURPOSE
To improve the socio-economic conditions of African producers through increased access to better trading conditions.
• Post holder reports to: Regional Cocoa Manager
• Staff reporting to this post: None
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: Yes
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING
• The job holder is responsible for the identification and analysis of member needs and member requirements in Small Cocoa Producer organizations in Ghana within the context of the west Africa Cocoa programme (WACP).
• He/she will take a lead in the implementation of regional membership to maximize revenues, business development opportunities and added value benefits through offering support, advice and guidance to existing and potential members and producer organizations
Key Performance Areas
Membership and Business Support
• Assessment of non-Fairtrade Certified organizations to gauge readiness for joining Fairtrade
• Provide direct technical assistance to Members in development and roll out of business strategic plans, marketing plans related to business development and growth requirements
• Act as a key point of contact for member and producer organization queries, ensuring that, as far as possible, issues are dealt with promptly and efficiently
• Provides feedback to the Regional Cocoa manager on issues and trends in relation to the implementation of WACP.
• Coordinates FTA and stakeholder contact with member organisations.
• Advises FTA and Regional Office on how best to meet membership needs and the packaging of such support
• Coordinate and provide inputs into the implementation of the West Africa Cocoa Project.
• Provides trainings for certified cocoa producer organizations in the country on identified thematic issues within the scope of WACP
• Ensure that he/she has good understanding of the nature of member business.
• Provide Advisory services on member business on trade and marketing opportunities
• Manage the interface between producer organizations, traders and other stakeholders in the cocoa value chain in the country
• Coordinate and provide support to product networks in their country/s of operation
• Follow up on membership fees collection
• Ensure follow up on member issues with the regional offices.
• Carry out research on member products, potential markets and trade opportunities, key stakeholders and connect the parties for mutual business growth benefits
• Prepare and submit project field reports
Identification of Opportunities for Programs/Projects
• In liaison with the Members and Partnerships manager and the Regional Cocoa manager, identify opportunities for programmes and projects relevant to cocoa farmers in the country.
Stakeholder Management Support
• Support the Regional Cocoa manager in representing FTA at country level events
• Ensure that FTA’s image and reputation is protected
• Build strong relationships with external and internal stakeholders like the Ghana COCOBOD and other country level regulatory bodies.
• Understand producer needs and concerns and ensure these needs are communicated appropriately for FTA’s benefit
Supervision & Training of Business Support Officers (BSOs)
• Support in the induction, training and supervision of BSO/s
• Support the development and implementation of work plans of BSO/s
• Support in the performance appraisal of BSO/s.
TOT Intern Programme
• Participate in the development and roll out of TOT Intern programme
• Advise and identify potential TOT Interns through close working relationships with member organisation
• Screen and identify potential TOTs
• Support in training, coaching and mentoring programmes for TOT
Training of BSOs and TOT Interns
• Support in developing TOT programmes for both BSOs and TOT Interns
• Constantly coach and mentor both on how best to develop members business skills
• Provide FTA and market information to BSOs and TOTs for the benefit of members
• Monitor the quality of training outcomes of BSOs and TOTs
Qualification Required & Experience
Minimum Academic Requirement
• Bachelor’s Degree in Economics/Business Management/Agribusiness/Agronomy A post-graduate qualification will be an advantage.
Other Specialist Qualification (Desired)
• Knowledge and understanding of the Fairtrade system
• Qualification in Business Management and/or
• Project Management
• Expertise in business and organizational development
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience
At least 3- 5 years’ experience in a similar position
Knowledge of Systems and Procedures
Knowledge of Business and Management Skills
Communication demands and Competencies
• Knowledge of the cocoa value chain in the country of operation.
• Networking and negotiating skills
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
• Good organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Local knowledge
• Ability to speak some of the local languages
• Embracing change – This competency is about you showing you are flexible and responsive to changing needs. It is about innovating, doing something new or differently.
• Team Player -This competency is about how we all relate to one another either as Line Manager and Team, the Team itself, or colleague to colleague.
• Delivering results – This competency is about achieving a high quality of measurable results while at the same time maintaining or even raising, the quality of work.
• Knowledge management – This competency is about working in a way that promotes information and knowledge sharing to the team and our broader network.
How To Apply For The Job
Completed applications should be e-mailed to:
[email protected] .All applicants should state how they meet essential requirements of the post and include their email address, telephone contacts and three referees with contact details on the application form.
If you have any queries, please e-mail [email protected] or call+27214473486 and ask to speak to a member of the HR team . Qualified applicants will be subjected to background checks as a pre-condition of employment.
This job description is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time based on discussions with the post holder and the line manager. The post holder will be expected to work to agreed objectives, which should facilitate achievements of key responsibilities in accordance with the Performance Review Process
Closing Date: 07 June, 2016
Click Here To Apply For Business Support Officer