The Ghana Investment Fund for Electronic Communications (GIFEC), a government agency under the Ministry of Communications charge with the responsibility to bridge the digital divide between the served
and unserved/underserved communities in Ghana, is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of :
Job Title: Senior Corporate Affairs Manager
The purpose of this role is to provide technical and operational support in the management of the corporate image and information of the Fund.
Role Accountabilities:The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Provide input in the development of communication policies and strategies of the Fund.
- Coordinate the planning of public education initiatives in line with the Fund’s communication strategy
- liaise with relevant Institutions/partners to implement specific components of the Fund’s communication strategy
- Coordinate the issuance of press releases on major activities, nurture relations with the media and organise periodic media briefings
- Provide input and recommend appropriate action on media coverage of the Fund’s activities.
- Supervise the preparation of draft quarterly, annual and other periodic reports of the unit.
- Provide input for the preparation of annual budget of the Fund.
- Set targets, supervise and appraise the performance of the work of subordinate staff.
- Supervise the management of protocol activities of the Fund.
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of a Masters’ Degree from a recognised Institution in Communication Studies, Development Studies, Public Relations or relevant field
- A member of the Institute of Public Relations
- A minimum of four (4) years post qualification relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Media Laws and Ethics
- Computer proficiency skills
- Strategic planning, research and analytical skills
- Excellent team player
- Excellent Leadership, human relations and communication skills
- Strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills
How to Apply
Interested and eligible persons who meet the above criteria are to forward their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae to:
Human Resource Manager
Ghana Investment Fund for Electronic Communications (GIFEC)
P. O. Box CT 5625 Cantonments
Accra APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED NOT LATER THAN 30TH SEPTEMBER, 2016.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED.