Posted on :
17 May, 2016
17 May, 2016
ICF International is seeking a Senior Power Sector Expert for a newly awarded U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) power sector improvement program based in Accra, Ghana. The Senior Power Expert will work closely with the Chief of Party and will be responsible for supporting program design and management, guiding the development of power sector activities, and working closely with various Ghana electricity stakeholders to meet program outcomes on time, within scope, and within budget.
Company: ICF International
Job status: Full-Time
Education: Bachelors Degree
Experience: 5 years
Job expires: 10 Jun-2016
• The Expert will provide technical support in power sector planning, model development, transmission and distribution, and off-grid options for Ghana, and is expected to identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate program adjustments. Applicants must be able to demonstrate prior experience working in Ghana or West Africa.
• The Senior Power Expert will be a key member of ICF’s team in Accra.
• Hiring for this position is contingent on approval from USAID.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Demonstrated experience in electricity generation sector planning, strategy, and development
• Experience working with Ghana power agencies
• Experience in clean energy and grid integration
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Energy, Operations Research, Environmental Science, and/or Science or related field
• 10+ years relevant experience in Ghana and/or West Africa power sector planning and management
• Experience working with a range of program partners, including government agencies, regulatory bodies, the private sector, NGOs, civil society, etc.
• Power Sector Expertise – familiarity with power sector planning processes, energy modeling & tools, transmission and distribution analysis, and GHG accounting
• Capacity building expertise in transmission and distribution, renewable energy resources, and energy efficiency
• Experience in power plant operations and management
• 5+ years of regional/ international experience in energy sector programs
• Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in Engineering, Economics, Energy, Operations Research, Environmental Science, and/or Science or related field
• Familiarity with the political, economic, social, and cultural context of working in Ghana and/or West Africa
• Experience with an international contractor or NGO managing a program or office
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below:
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 10 June, 2016