Right To Play, Accra, Ghana
Reports to: Country Manager, Ghana
Location: Ghana (But with regional remit covering Rwanda, Mali, Liberia, and Benin)
- The Sports for Development Advisor (SDA) position is established within the CIDA funded Play to Learn Programme structure.
- It provides strategic direction to the development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of Play to Learn sports programme activities in Ghana and other WAFA Country Offices in accordance with CIDA & RTP programme agreements or guidelines.
- The SDA is ultimately accountable for improved sports programme quality and ensures the impact of sports programmes on other areas like health, HIV/AIDs, gender, etc; as well as facilitates knowledge sharing activities
Required Skills or Experience
- A Master’s Degree preferably in Social Sciences, Development Studies or other disciplines relevant to RTP focus area (education, sports, play, health/HIV, etc)
- Relevant Certification as a Sports Coach
- 5-7 years of work experience in project planning, implementation, organisational development, quality improvement monitoring and qualitative evaluation at a supervisory level
- Diplomatic, tactful, creative, discreet, flexible, resourceful, dependable, well-organised, friendly, emotionally mature, positive attitude with good sense of humor
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written French and English communication skills
- Intimate knowledge of sports and play programme management tools and procedures
- Strong presentation, facilitation, participation, training, and coaching skills
- Familiarity and experience with children, education, sports and play
- Demonstrated negotiations, networking and consensus building skills
- Team player, highly-motivated, self-starter, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
How To Apply
All interested candidates who meet the requirements should deliver via email their application with detailed Curriculum Vitae to The Regional HR Officer at: [email protected]. Please clearly state in your application the title of the position you are applying for. While we thank all interested candidates, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Closing: 16 Sep, 2011