The Government of the Republic of Ghana has received a grant funding support from the Government of Switzerland, represented by the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) and the International Development Association (IDA) of the World Bank toward the cost of the Ghana Energy Development and Access Project (GEDAP), and it intends to apply part of the funds to payments under the contracts for the Recruitment of Project Staff for NEDCO Project Implementation Unit
Job Title: Project Accountant
- Remuneration: Competitive salary
- Job Location: NEDCo Head Office, Tamale
- Contract Duration: Two (2) years; with the possibility of renewal annually subject to satisfactory performance
- The Project Accountant will be responsible for all accounting, internal control and other financial management functions of NEDCo’s Project Implementation Unit as well as supervision of the projects finance section staff therein.
- The Project Accountant will be responsible for all financial management functions of NEDCo’s PIU as well as the supervision of the projects Accounting/Finance Section staff therein.
- The Project Accountant will report to the Project Manager and will support NEDCo to ensure the financial requirements under the Projects are developed and implemented efficiently and effectively.
- The Project Accountant will prepare annual work plans for approval by the Steering Committee/NEDCo Management depending on the source of funding and quarterly progress reports on assignment outputs as well as an end-of-assignment report that is to be signed off by the Project Director.
- The Project Accountant will also establish close and cooperative working relationships with the Project Accountants of the Funding Agencies and the Financial Controller and Internal Auditor of Ministry of Finance in the case of donor funded projects and NEDCo’s Director, Finance and Commercial for projects funded from NEDCo’s internally generated funds.
- Undertake any other responsibility that will ensure smooth and effective implementation of NEDCO’S projects.
Required Skills or Experience
- A recognized professional accounting qualification (e.g. CPA, ACCA, ICAG holder or equivalent) preferably with a Bachelor’s degree in Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance;
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance will be an advantage
- At least 6-10 years of post-qualification experience of work in a complex environment including managing an accounting department and donor-funded project accounts. Audit experience would be an added advantage;
- Knowledge of international financial reporting standards & international standards on auditing;
- Experience in interpreting financial management reports, analyzing variations to plans and determining remedial actions required;
- Knowledge of public sector accounting procedures and operational knowledge of international and country financial and accounting management practices, including MIS applications
- Computer Literate
How to Apply:
Qualified and interested applicants should send application letters with copses of curriculum vitae, certificates and other relevant documentation by 07 November 2014 to:
The Project Coordination Unit (Attn: Project Coordinator)
Ghana Energy Development And Access Project (GEDAP)
(2nd Floor, Room 215, Ministry of Energy and Petroleum Building, Accra)
Ministry of Energy and Petroleum
P. O. Box SD 310, Accra
Email submissions are not acceptable. Submission details must include telephone/mobile contact and email addresses to facilitate early and easy contact. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.