Our company is a Non-Bank Financial Institution (NBFI) and a subsidiary of a multinational company. The company seeks to employ a Forensic Manager to administer, implement and maintain the Fraud Risk Management function.
Job Title: Forensic manager
The function will report to the Deputy Managing Director from an operational perspective, with a dotted line to the Group Forensic Executive for implementation of the Fraud Risk Management framework and reporting.
- Ensure that the Board and management have a clear understanding of the strategic direction of the function.
- To perform preventative, detective, investigative and resolution procedures in order to mitigate risk to the company as well as its branches.
- Management of Forensic Services and all forensic staff.
- Weekly, monthly and adhoc reports to management and business as per required.
- Documentation and implementation of the department framework, policies and procedures. Ensure all policies and procedures have been effectively enforced throughout the company. Ensure systems are adequately developed to provide optimal efficient outputs.
- Allocation of workload to forensic staff, assessment of work performed in line with the forensic framework and agreed turnaround times.
- Efficiency, quality, completeness and accuracy of investigations performed. Assessment and accuracy, timeframe and completeness of reports issued.
- Investigation of high level cases and disputes.
- Development and implementation of anti-fraud awareness campaigns.
- Adhoc assignments and forensic audits.
- Efficiency, quality, completeness and accuracy of forensic audits performed. Assessment and accuracy, timeframe and completeness of reports issued.
- Civil and criminal litigation (institute and prosecute)
- Ensure high levels of customer service.
- Active attendance and participation in regional and national fraud forums as well as networking with Financial Institutions and Government organizations.
Required Skills or Experience
Formal Education and Certification
- Matric and a tertiary education in the related field.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years forensic management experience.
- Minimum of 5 years forensic investigation experience or similar investigative experience.
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
- Knowledge of Police Services Commercial Crime investigations.
- Knowledge and experience of the Criminal and Disciplinary Process.
- A working understanding of the legislative framework surrounding investigations, e.g. Criminal Law and Procedure
- Good interviewing skills.
- Assertive with high level of integrity.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- High-level analytical and problem solving skills.
- Gathering and Substantiating of Evidence and Information.
- External Networking.
- Ability to work individually and within in a team environment.
- Meticulous with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Client Services levels.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply by e-mail their CVs and cover letters details to email@example.com by close of work on Tuesday June 21, 2016. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.