Tenaris is a leading supplier of tubes and related services for the world’s energy industry and certain other industrial applications with Manufacturing Facilities in 15 countries, Research and Development Centres in 15 countries and Service & Distribution networks in more than 30 countries.
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
The role holder performs laboratory tests and/or measurements on company products, prepares prototypes or samples, tests incoming materials for acceptance, and prepares reports on tests conducted in a safe and efficient manner according to applicable procedures, complying with defined quality standards
- Performs various test/activities as follows:
- Sieve analysis
- Cement water ratio test
- Moisture Content analysis
- Cube/Core density test
- Material Specific Gravity test
- Cube molding
- Cube/Core Compresive test
- Core drilling and molding
- Water Absorption test
- Updates information in log book and applicable tracking systems.
- Performs other miscellaneous simple tasks as required
- Commit to health, safety and environmental policies and escalate situations that present potential risk.
- Maintain a clean and ordered workplace.
- Complete and update all applicable records ensuring information accuracy.
- Perform activities according to applicable procedures.
- Proactively suggest improvements and participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Ensure proper use of the company assets, detecting and reporting malfunctioning.
- Attend and collaborate in training activities in order to maintain and increase the company knowledge.
- Carry out duties in an effective manner meeting productivity and efficiency standards in accordance with minimum costs.
- Ensure product quality complying with defined standards and reporting deviations.
- Abide by TenarisAmaja discipline norms.
- Perform activities understanding their consequences on the global process
Required Skills or Experience
Technical Qualification in Sciences or any Engineering discipline is required
- Minimum 2-3 years’ Experience in a similar role
- Completion of Quality certifications such as ISO 9001-2015, ISO 17025,NACE CIP L1 and 2 is an added advantage
- Instrument calibration knowledge is required
- Strong mathematical and statistical analysis skills is required.
- Experience resolving technical issues is required.
- Must be observant and technical with the ability to pay attention to detail
- Must understand the methodology of testing and developing test methods
- Must be familiar with Coating standards and their interpretation
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite- MS Excel, MS Word etc is required
- Demonstrates a logical, methodical approach to work
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of HSE-statutory requirements and responsibilities.
- Respond to change in a positive and flexible manner and sustain a positive outlook across a range of situations/challenges.
- Positive attitude to own development and looks for opportunities to help others learn and develop
How to Apply
Please apply via www.tenaris.com