Posted on :
17 Jan, 2017
17 Jan, 2017
Turning Point Farms Ltd is company registered under the company’s code of Ghana 1963 Act 179, with a five board member. The company operate in over 300 communities in the Northern and Upper East regions of Ghana with over 13,500 farmers and still counting. The company operate an out grower model that put farmers into groups and assist them in the production, as well as the marketing of their produce hence ensuring a complete value chain. The company also assist these farmers with sources of quality agriculture services and farm inputs by helping groups acquire machinery through minimal contribution schemes. We give support to the farmers in the form of providing services such as land preparation, planting, harvesting, storage, transport and distribution and marketing of their produce.
Our clients are mostly based in the rural areas where the core livelihood activities are farming and other agro related activities. The company has gained 100% loyalty from customers who largely depend on us for the progress of their activities. As an agro company, our bankers are Unibank Ghana Ltd with logistics supplies to be established with Sonalika International, (West Africa Agrotech Company Ghana Limited) to be the key suppliers of all agriculture machinery and other agro support services such as irrigation, yet to be included in our products.
Job Title: Operations Manager
We are looking for an experienced Operations Manager who is passionate to support the growth of the company in the Agriculture sector.
Responsible To: Chief Executive Officer
• Supervise and manage the whole production process and ensure everything is in a correct, cost effective, and timely manner in alignment with specification
• Supervise and manage procurement, inventory management, and other business processes by designing worksheets and work schedules to ensure the organisation runs efficiently and effectively
• Improve the operational policies to support better management, reporting, information flow and management, business process and organisational planning
• Oversee training needs assessments for operations staff to determine when training is necessary and the type of training necessary to improve performance and productivity,
• Collaborate with a Snr. logistics officer, credit control officer and help manage relationships with suppliers and other external bodies
• Collaborate with credit control officer and help manage orders from customers and ensure delivery
• Carry out inspections in accordance with access, supervision and safety instructions of the company and manage quality control of the products.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in Agriculture, Commerce, Management Industrial technology or Industrial engineering from an accredited university.
• At least 5 years of experience in same position and operations management
• Significant supervisory management experience, including managing direct report
• Demonstrate ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and delegate effectively
• Strong technical and computer skills
• Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate operational processes are being used
• Being able to plan ahead based on extensive understanding of operations management needs and trends both within the company and in the general market
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Additional Information: Applicants having driving licence and passport are added value
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants with CVs should be sent to:
Closing Date: 25 January, 2017
Applications submitted after this date will not be considered. Only qualified applicants will be contacted