Posted on :
19 Jul, 2016
19 Jul, 2016
SOS Children’s Village Ghana work to prevent family breakdown and care for children who have lost parental care, or who risk losing it. We work with communities, partners and states to ensure that the rights of all children, in every society, are respected and fulfilled.
We are non-governmental and non-denominational. We respect all religions and cultures and work with trusted partners in places where we can contribute to social development.
All the work we do is made possible through the generous support of sponsors and donors.
SOS Children’s Villages Ghana is part of a global humanitarian and child welfare organisation that provides a stable family environment for children in need. We have four villages currently in operations in Tema, Asialwa, Kumasi & Tamale. We also provide social services for families at risk through our family strengthening programme (FSP). Applications are invited from suitably qualified and dynamic persons for appointment as:
Job Title: Social Worker
Qualification Required & Experience
• A degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Guidance and Counselling (emotional and academic) & not less than 35 ears old; with 3 years’ practical experience
• Possess proven ability in problem solving, providing group and individual counselling for children and youth
• Knowledge in the preparation and implementation of development plans for children and youth
• Skills in the provision of educational information and career guidance. Good planning, communication, interpersonal, social investigation, organizational and report writing skills
• Knowledge of family life education
Possess a passion for helping children bring out their best
• Must be computer literate, be prepared to travel extensively and work long hours
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should send their applications, (indicating their reliable phone numbers) and in the case of the Programme Director position, their preferred location (Tamale) and curriculum vitae with photocopies of certificates addressed to:
The HR/Admin Manager
P.O.Box AN 16657
Or email to:
Closing Date: 15 July, 2016