Tullow Oil is a leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company. Our focus is on finding and monetizing oil in Africa and the Atlantic Margins. Our portfolio of over 120 licences spans 22 countries which are managed as three Business Delivery Teams. We are headquartered in London. Our shares are listed on the London, Irish and Ghanaian Stock Exchanges.
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Location & Team: Accra-Ghana
Reports To: Business Services Director, Ghana (Line Manager)Group Supply Chain Manager (Functional Manager)
- Ghana Business Unit Extended Leadership Team
- Group SCM Leadership Team
- Department managers who require goods, works and services, or who require Logistics & Materials (L&M) support
- Group Local Content / Supplier Development Manager
- Partners and Ghanaian Government representative and related authorities, including the Petroleum Commission, involved with Supply Chain Management
- Management representatives of suppliers and contractors
- Industry peers
- Organisations developing the capabilities of Ghanaian SME’s and the Ghana supply chain, including Invest in Africa and the Enterprise Development Centre.
- Contracts & Procurement Team
- Planning & Performance Team
- Defined activities of the L&M Team
Support BDT1, with particular emphasis on the Ghana Business Unit, in meeting its objectives through the provision and management of an optimal supply chain organisation that delivers an integrated supply chain in collaboration with the business.
Such supply chain is built on strategic planning, performance management, competitive contracts and procurement, efficient and cost-effective logistics and materials management and the delivery of sustainable national and local content.
The role is responsible for supporting Jubilee field operations, TEN delivery, and TEN integration into the Ghana BU.
This requires managing multiple teams based in various international locations, and to oversee an annual contract spend in excess of US$1bn.
Responsibilities / Key Objectives:
- Responsible for providing an integrated supply chain to BDT1, but with particular focus on the Ghana BU and the Jubilee and TEN fields.
- Manage the SCM department on a daily basis.
- Responsible for delivery of the SCM nationalisation plan.
- Develop the competency and experience of local employees by ensuring personal development plans are in place and implemented.
- Optimise the number and use of department resources to deliver defined objectives.
- Implement procurement planning and execution processes that deliver a comprehensive and accurate procurement forecast for a 3 year look-ahead.
- Ensure the effective management of all high value and high risk contracts.
- Deliver effective inventory management by ensuring the accuracy of inventory records, the appropriate storage of inventory, and the timely disposal of surplus inventory.
- Seek to continually improve the efficiency of L&M operations.
- Meet cost per tonne and cost per passenger cost targets.
- Meet annual value delivery targets.
- Continually grow spend with local suppliers.
- Responsible, in conjunction with department heads, for development and implementation of contract strategies that will drive value.
- Provide clear, coherent and effective supply chain management processes from requisition through to contract close out, and from source of manufacture to source of consumption.
- Subject to necessary approvals being in place pursuant to the Tullow Delegation of Authority (DOA), commitment authority to award purchase orders and contracts for goods, works and services.
- Subject to compliance with Tullow C&P Procedures, authority to endorse recommendations to award purchase orders and contracts for goods, works and services (as defined by the Tullow DOA)
- Minimum 10 years at managerial level.
- Substantive exposure to all disciplines and issues within the supply chain
- Experience should include knowledge of Contracting & Procurement, Logistics & Materials management and the management of Local Content issues.
- International exposure within an Oil and Gas operating environment, or similar industries,eg: Mining,Extraction,Utilities,Transportation/Logistics
- Experience working in Africa on the above is preferred
- Proven supply chain managerial experience is paramount; with the following academic qualifications being advantageous
- Preferably to Degree level in a business or management related subject.
- CIPS preferred
- Ability to manage multiple issues simultaneously.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with diverse business drivers and variables.
- Collaborative with heightened communications and related interpersonal skills.
- Ability to influence senior management and to provide supply chain expertise and advice to Tullow at all levels to deliver value.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, diverse environment.
Minimum 10 years at managerial level.
Commercially aware with sound business acumen.
- Establishes priorities and works independently at all levels.
- Proactively pursues defined objectives whilst seeking to identify, initiate and develop improvements.
- Delegates authority to others within defined limits.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment.
Please Note: This recruitment campaign is targeted at Ghanaian Nationals in the first instance.