Posted on :
18 Feb, 2014
18 Feb, 2014
The University of Ghana invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the vacant position below in a newly created unit called Institutional Research and Planning Office.
POSITION: Head, Institutional Research & Planning Office
REPORTING TO: Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research, Innovation and Development)
Reporting to the Pro-VC (RID), the mandate assigned to the Head of the Institutional Research & Planning Office (IRPO) is to provide corporate services for effective strategic planning and management at the University of Ghana.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To provide professional and technical services for effective strategic planning and management at the University of Ghana.
• To coordinate and integrate all aspects of institutional research and planning in conjunction with the relevant units of the University of Ghana.
• To execute appropriate research and planning initiatives as determined by the strategic direction of the University.
• To prepare short, medium and long term enrollment plans and monitor the University’s enrollment activities.
• To monitor, review and report broad industry trends in higher education regarding collection, analysis, and reporting practices to keep the University current with evolving national and international best practices.
• To initiate surveys and studies to answer questions relevant to the University and to keep the University informed about broad issues with respect to higher education.
• To prepare qualitative and quantitative analyses of data that focus on cost-effectiveness of the University’s programmes and critical academic indicators relevant to higher education.
• To coordinate the preparation of data and compliance reports for internal and external reporting needs.
• To perform any other duties relevant to strategic planning in the university.
Qualification Required & Experience
The successful applicant must have:
• At least a Master’s Degree or an equivalent professional qualification in a relevant discipline with experience in institutional research and research methods.
• A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in research and analysis, academic administration, university planning or policy development.
• Awareness of funding and enrollment reporting in the higher education sector and their intersection with university policies and strategic direction.
• Competency in the use of a wide variety of ICT tools, including appropriate software for quantitative and qualitative data management and analysis.
• Deep understanding of processes involved in university decision processes, policy development and implementation.
• Evidence of increasingly responsible professional leadership experience, preferably in an academic environment.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with members of the University community.
How To Apply For The Job
An applicant is required to submit the complete application pack to:-
University of Ghana,
P. O. Box LG25,
or [email protected] (Soft copy).
The application pack should contain the following:
• Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional Positions (Form 1C) to be downloaded from the University’s website at: www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd
• An up to date Curriculum Vitae.
• A document of up to five pages indicating how the candidate would use the position to advance the strategic objectives of the University.
Closing Date: 21 March, 2014