Posted on :
21 Jul, 2016
21 Jul, 2016
The Ghana Oil and Gas for inclusive Growth (GOGIG) programme is designed to support Ghana make the most of its new-found oil and gas resources.
The overall goal is “Inclusive economic growth and poverty reducation and the programme is working towards achieving an outcome of “Effective management of oil and gas resources” through the delivery of the following four inter-related outputs:
• Enhanced regulatory mandate and policy coherence of the oil and gas sector.
• Improved systems of oil and gas revenue capture
• Improved oil and gas revenue management
• Enhanced oil and gas sector oversight
The Programme results are therefore expected to be achieved through a combination of targeted technical assistance to government for improving institutional capabilities and initiatives that improve the effectiveness of accountability actors in placing greater public scrutiny on the sector and advocating for improvements in governance.
GOGIG is seeking to recruit a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager to join the Team.
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager
• The MEL Manager will have principal responsibility for the design, implementation and quality assurance of all the monitoring, evaluation and learning activities on the programme. The role will report to the Deputy Team Lead (DTL) and will focus on the reporting of results through results collation, synthesis and presentation, as well as the continuous evaluation of the programme’s core interventions, in order to facilitate knowledge management across the programme and to improve the design of future interventions.
Key responsibilities include:
• Lead the development and implementation of the programme’s M&E system and tools to improve data collection, analyses, aggregation and reporting of results
• Oversee delivery and achievement of log frame targets in close collaboration with the team
• Ensure that project concepts are logically sound, incorporate learning from previous projects and have robust results chains aligned to the overall log frame
• Develop quantitative and qualitative methods and tools to monitor performance and results
• Develop and support the design and implementation of baselines, mid-term and end-line evaluations, surveys and other related components of the M&E system
• Support the production of donor reports that focus on achievements against the log frame
• Ensure risk management is mainstreamed across the GOGIG programme
• Promote a culture of learning within the GOGIG programme, by ensuring lessons learned are captured, documented and disseminated at internal GOGIG learning events
• Coordinate internal review processes with programme team and partners and external reviews such as DFID’s Annual Review
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in social sciences, development and / or related disciplines
• Relevant experience in planning, designing and managing M & E systems as well as the use of the logical framework approach
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a range of programme partners including government and civil society stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to meet programme and donor deadlines for planning, target setting, implementation and reporting
• Proficient writing and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work under minimum supervision and effectively as a team member
• Knowledge of donor funded programmes focused on governance and the extractives sector will be an advantage
How To Apply For The Job
Submit a CV with a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience match the role to:
Closing Date: 22 July, 2016