Job Title:Logistics Coordinator
Job Location:Takoradi, Ghana
Business Unit: Supply Chain
This position reports to the Country Supply Chain Manager and will manage activities associated with Import and Export.
The main purpose of the position is to ensure import / export of Weatherford equipment. Not only does this position require adherence to existing processes but it also requires continuous improvement to make sure that all documentation, permits, shipping, customs clearance and local transportation is in order until delivery to the customer or the local Weatherford base.
- Ensure the practice of most cost effective mode of transportation for exportation and importation of rentals, sales, assets and inventory items
- Ensuring that Weatherford inventory & assets are received and or dispatched as per internal & external customer requirements
- Ensure all Import and Export Compliance regulations are strictly adhered too.
- Coordinate closely with Freight Forwarders and other service providers to facilitate the movement of inbound and outbound international shipments.
- Receive and code freight invoices and process for payment through Accounts Payable.
- Understand Ghana Customs and Regulations for both import and export and prepare all permit documents.
- Prepare required documents related to shipping such as Commercial Invoice, Shipper’s Letter of Instruction, packing slips and other required documents.
- Coordinate with all relevant parties (i.e. Procurement, Business Units, and Freight Forwarders) to monitor the incoming and outgoing shipment schedule and advice relevant parties accordingly.
- Maintain Customs documentation import and export records, and will be expected to contribute to the successful passing of internal and external audits.
- Ensure that customs broker and freight invoices are thoroughly checked against rates structure.
- Prepare Freight Forwarders and Customs Broker performance reporting, as well as reporting to Supply Chain Manager all non-conformance issues on a monthly basis.
- Track all Weatherford shipments and provision of update on a weekly basis.
- To assist with the preparation of Internal Audits as per the Global Trade Compliance guidelines.
- Raising purchase orders on JDE for all completed shipments, ensuring all invoices are accurate and ensuring any discrepancies are communicated to freight forwarders
- Ensure that the payment of customs duties / taxes is done in accordance with local laws and company regulations
- Coordination and booking of freight and logistics ensuring freight quotes are received in a timely manner and the best quote option is chosen for shipping requirements.
- Generate reports as required by the Country Supply Chain Manager
- Any other duties that are deemed required by the Country Supply Chain Manager
Bachelor Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management
2 years of Logistics experience, Imports and Exports.
3-4 years of Logistics experience in Oil & Gas or Mining.
Must be computer literate with a good working knowledge on an ERP system.
Must have a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Power Point.
Must have excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communications skills.
High self-motivated and autonomous.
Must be an effective team player.
. Job Title: LOGISTICS COORDINATOR Location: TAKORADI Full/Part Time: Full-Time Job Opening Id: 49899 Regular/Temporary:Regular
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here