Posted on :
2 Sep, 2016
2 Sep, 2016
Winrock International is a non-profit organization that works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock is currently recruiting for the position of full-time Director of Operations in its Tamale project office to support the five-year, USAID-funded Feed the Future Ghana Agriculture and Natural Resources Management Project (USAID AgNRM). The USAID AgNRM project seeks to provide a scalable, integrated landscape approach that will support sustainable economic development and rural livelihoods, increase nutrition and climate change adaptation, and strengthen Northern Ghana’s natural resources.
Job Title: Grants Manager
• The Grants Manager will oversee the grants component of the project and prepare all grant documentation; publicize grant opportunities; coordinate and manage proposal review and coordinate with staff to ensure grants align with project objectives and respond to local needs. This position will report directly to the COP.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Update and modify the USAID AgNRM Grants program based on project objectives and other cross cutting activities;
• As needed, update the Grants Manual outlining small, research and transition grants management procedures, and customize tools/templates based on donor and organizational policies;
• Serve as the point of contact for receiving all grant proposals and coordinate the review of these proposals with the relevant technical teams.
• Lead the preparation of sub-grant agreements and reporting/compliance package, facilitate the signing, and conduct post-award sharing sessions;
• Oversee and ensure that all completed grants are fully compliant with the terms of the grant agreement, including satisfactory completion of deliverables for milestone payments and contribution of agreed-upon cost-share;
• Facilitate the implementation, and closeout of different grants at the field level;
• Coordinate with technical managers and cross-cutting activity managers to support potential activities through grants program;
• Design, plan for and ensure periodical monitoring and tracking of progress, quality control and financial oversight of the grants program;
• Guide collation of data that measure progress, track effectiveness, and provide continuous assessment of progress toward program targets and benchmarks;
• Consult with Winrock Home Office Grants/Award department for sub-grant approval, reporting and technical guidance;
• Monitor the grants program budget and manage effective allocation of the grants budget to determine appropriate grant amounts;
• Collaborate with the USAID AgNRM Finance & Administration team for smooth disbursement of fund advances and final settlement; facilitate timely input to the AgNRM accounting system;
• Coordinate with the COP and Monitoring and Evaluation team to ensure grants meet environmental compliance under the USAID AgNRM;
• Prepare periodic reports for performance reporting;
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a Masters of Business Administration in Finance, Accounting or related fields (or equivalent with additional professional experience).
• Minimum five years of professional experience in grant management.
• Demonstrated success using grants to support project objectives in coordination with project technical managers.
• Experience working with communities, government entities, and NGOs.
• USAID experience highly desired.
• Experience in the NRM sector and NGOs in Northern Ghana is a plus.
• Strong skills in monitoring grant milestones and payments.
• Fluency in English is required.
How To Apply For The Job
All interested candidates shall submit their applications (maximum 5 pages including resume, two references and one-page cover letter) in English to:
[email protected] , indicating “Grants Manager” in the subject line.
Closing Date: 15 September, 2016
Qualified applicants will be invited for an in-person interview.