Wood Group helps to provide energy, products, and services that improve the quality of lives around the world.
We started as a ship repair business in Scotland in 1912. We operate in more than 40 countries. Around $5bn in sales. We work on oil platforms, factories, power stations, wind farms, and refineries. We’ve designed…
the world’s deepest spar production platform, the world’s largest semi-submersible topsides facility, the strongest moorings
over 600,000km of the subsea pipeline, the longest and deepest offshore pipelines.
We help supply water to the people of Melbourne
We helped install one of the world’s tallest wind turbines
Job Title: Project HSE Manager
Brief Posting Description
We are currently sourcing a Project HSE Manager for a turret remediation project to be primarily based offshore Ghana with other ad-hoc travel to Houston and Singapore.
- To manage and coordinate all aspects of HSE on the Brownfield construction sites and any onshore fabrication yards.
- To advise the construction team and the various Contractors on all issues related to HSE.
- To participate and lead the risk assessment workshop for offshore work.
- To monitor the activities of the site to assure that all construction related activities are being controlled in a manner that does not contravene legal, client or company requirements.
- To ensure that and all persons within the site, contractors, staff, interface projects etc. fully comply with all Legal and project requirements within the Health, Safety, Security and Environmental spheres of influence in the construction field.
- Promote construction safety awareness through regular inductions, training, and promotions.
- Promote environmental awareness through regular inductions, training, and promotions.
- Supervise security activities of the contractors.
- Assess and evaluate risks, providing viable, adequate and suitable solutions, including detailed discussions within construction manager, and contractors personnel.
- Assure compliance to client and company policies.
- Conduct compliance reviews in keeping with the Project HSE Plan as it is applicable to the construction activities.
- Investigate all incidents/accidents and near misses and present statistical reports accordingly.
- Report safety statistics for contractors promptly; daily, weekly and monthly.
- Promote high standards of site housekeeping, cleanliness, and hygiene.
- Provide counsel where necessary on HSE issues.
- Report directly to the Project Manager and takes guidance from the Corporate HSE Manager.
- To establish project HSE Plan and Manuals in accordance with Safety Management System and other standards to be applied to the contracted works.
- Previous experience in a similar type role, ideally in an international environment.
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas, and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability, and suitability.