World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
World Vision serves all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
Job Title: GI WASH M&E Officer
To be responsible for the effective management of GI-WASH M&E. S/he will assist the GI-WASH Project Manager in the project design and tracking the project implementation for the achievement of set targets.
- The positions is based in Savelugu – Northern Region
- S/He reports to the GI WASH Technical Program Manager
- Lead the development of a WASH M&E framework aligned with WV and Global WASH frameworks
- Ensure the integration of GI-WASH M&E to the NO M&E
- Responsible for the design and review of WASH M&E tools
- Assist in the development, adoption and usage of innovative M&E tools and equipment
- Track project implementation providing sound monitoring
- Be the focal person for project evaluations
- Provide support for the review of the WASH business plan or for the design of any WASH project
- Collaborate and work with the GIS Officer, the technical team and the WASH Software teams to ensure that all data bases are timely updated (WV online GIS and Horizon Field monitoring systems, Excel based WASH Data base, Hydro data base, Geophysics data base and Water quality data base)
- Compile, manipulate, and refine data from a variety of sources including public domain, field observation, and existing data bases
- Perform regular quality control checks of databases to ensure data integrity
- Support the verification of the accuracy and validity of data entered in databases and ensure that errors are corrected
- Prepare tables, graphs and written reports summarizing project M&E data
- Collect, document, edit, analyze and present all relevant project data for reports
- Lead in the preparation of project-related reports (monthly & quarterly), presentations, stories, publications and other technical reports in all type of media
- Responsible for the preparation of thematic maps of WASH activities
- In charge of the tracking and reporting of all WV Ghana WASH interventions
- Build the capacity of the team in data collection, data input in the database systems, ensuring high quality of data
- Provide support to NO and other WV entities for any WASH M&E needs like the CQI project.
- Provide support to WV partners, communities and Government institutions for the development and implementation of WASH M&E initiatives
- Provide accurate data for proposal writing
- Actively participation in proposal writing with the RAM team
Education / Work Experience / Key Competencies
- Degreein Social Sciences, Computer/Information Science, Statistics, or Economics
- Knowledge in Maps & Graphs designs presentations
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in M&E, data management including knowledge of GIS, and considerable knowledge of computerized information system.
- Experience in National WASH M&E framework (DiMES), Global WASH M&E initiatives, statistics, data capture and analysis.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in M&E, data management including knowledge of GIS, and considerable knowledge of computerized information system.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.