Posted on :
21 Dec, 2016
21 Dec, 2016
Abt. Associates Inc., a US based company, is implementing the PMI/ USAID–funded African Indoor Residual Spraying (AIRS) program. AIRS has been implemented in in Ghana since 2008 in some selected districts in the Northern Region.
Job Title: Information, Education and Communication Assistants (18 Positions)
Currently, Abt Associates is implementing Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS) in Six selected districts in the Northern region: Kumbungu, West Mamprusi, East Mamprusi, Mamprugu/Moagduri,Bunkpurugu-Yunyoo, Karaga, districts.
Responsibilities of IEC Assistants
• Spearhead the design and implementation of community based outreach programs and communication strategies to ensure that communities are reached with the IRS message.
• Manage and coordinate community mobilization and education activities to promote understanding and acceptance of Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS) as one of the key malaria control interventions conducted jointly by the GHS and PMI/USAID.
• Liaise with the District Spray Operations Coordinator to engage and educate stakeholders in the target sub-district to enable them fully participate in IRS implementation
• Monitor / supervise the activities of community IEC implementers and CBS volunteers in the sub-district with respect to the implementation of IRS.
• Liaise with communication agencies / organizations that will assist with community mobilization efforts for spray activities.
• Provide weekly reports on IEC activities in the target sub-district to the district Spray Operations Coordinator
• Facilitate trainings for IEC implementers and CBS volunteers.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the District Spray Operations Coordinator and regional IEC Coordinator.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a Diploma in Community Development Studies, communication or relevant field with at least two (2) years working experience.
• Additional professional training in participatory approaches and community mobilization will be preferred.
• Good experience working with communities and local leaders, sensitizing and mobilizing communities.
• Strong organizational, reporting and management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
• Strong computer skills
• Proficiency in English and one or more of Northern Ghanaian Languages peculiar to the District. (Mampruli, • Dagbani Moara and Kokomba dialects).
• Previous work on IRS activities will be an advantage.
• Being a native/ resident in any of the sites/ sub-districts will be an advantage.
• VERY GOOD knowledge and understanding of the geographical layout of communities under the chosen site/ sub-district of the applicant is key to this position.
• MUST be able to ride a motorbike and have a motor license.
Location: Kumbungu, West Mamprusi, East Mamprusi, Mamprugu/Moagduri,Bunkpurugu-Yunyoo, Karaga
How to Apply for The Job
Please look through the above mentioned districts and select any one where you wish to be considered for the position of Logistics Assistant and state this in your application letter. Application letters that do not have specific district will not be considered.
You can send your application letter and CV by any of the methods stated below. Please choose only one method and apply through that method, do not use both methods to apply:
Send your applications to the following email:
[email protected] (Please indicate the position and district in the subject line of the email. Emails without district and Job title will not be considered)
You can also deliver your application by hand to the Abt Associates Inc. Office building located near VSO office off the SSNIT Road Junction Kalpohine, Estates Tamale.
Closing Date: 10 January, 2017
Applications submitted after this date will not be considered. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Females are particularly encouraged to apply.