Posted on :
11 Nov, 2016
11 Nov, 2016
Accra Polytechnic, the Premier Polytechnic in Ghana was established in 1949. It was firstly known as Accra Technical School. Later became known as Accra Technical Institute in 1957. In 1963, the institute was named Accra Polytechnic by the orders of Ghana’s First President, Dr. Kwame Nkrumah. Accra Polytechnic by the mandate of the Polytechnic Law of 1992 (PNDCL.321), was elevated to a tertiary status in 1993 to offer Higher National Diploma (HND) certificate programmes.
Its elevation was aimed at enhancing tertiary institution through excellence, professionalism and diversity in its programmes. The institution produces all-round, innovative, and disciplined graduates who continually contribute immensely towards the manpower needed in Ghana’s industries.
Notwithstanding some teething problems, Accra Polytechnic has made tremendous progress through the review and expansion of curricula to suit contemporary needs. Courses offered are: Interior Architecture & Furnishing, Secretaryship and Management Studies, Bilingual Secretaryship and Management Studies, Accountancy, Marketing, Purchasing and Supply, Hotel Catering and Institutional Management, Fashion Design and Textiles, Mathematics and Statistics, and Science Laboratory Technology. The technology courses offered by the Polytechnic were maintained.
Job Title: Director of Information Communication Technology (ICT)
• Prepare strategic and operational plans for the Information Communications Technology (ICT) department to ensure that all necessary ICT tools, processes and systems are in place to meet the requirements of the business and contribute to the achievement of short- and long-term goals of the University .
• Demonstrate extensive knowledge in the development, deployment and running of University management systems, LMS and other related information systems.
• Manage and provide oversight for the implementation of an lCT security strategy and disaster recovery plan that minimizes the risk of data loss and breach of privacy of the University’s information systems.
• Ensure development, implementation and maintenance of all policies related to ICT services.
• Develop and manage the planning and budgeting for the University’s lCT services to ensure that resources are used to provide best in class ICT services that are in line with University’s growth plans.
• Oversee the implementation and maintenance of technology infrastructure in line with University’s growth plans; and changing technological advancements.
• Ensure ICT systems comply with regulatory and legal requirements.
• Exercise control and monitoring of the university ICT projects.
• Oversee ICT special projects, including planning, scheduling, managing and progress reporting for new system implementations.
• Ensure continuous improvement of the quality and cost efficiency of the of the Services.
• Directs and supervises subordinates to ensure they fulfill their duties in the of the function of the university.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Masters Degree in Information Technology;
• Must have at least ten (10) years post qualification experience in senior management position in Information Technology management in tertiary institution, industry or any relevant public service organization.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested qualified applicants may apply, providing an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of their relevant certificates to:
ACCRA TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
P.O.BOX 561 ACCRA
Closing Date: 24 November, 2016