A renowned Gold Refinery Company in Kenya is seeking to recruit a Metallurgist to join their team of professionals.
Job Title: Metallurgist Technician
- Manage all aspects of the laboratory to ensure that all required analyses and investigations are performed precisely and in a timely manner.
- Develop and manage metallurgical operations and work practices that maximize operational efficiencies.
- Develop and execute inspection plans and conduct metallurgical and cleanliness tests on parts to verify conformance to specifications.
- Monitor and analyse key metallurgical performance indicators of process operations and recommend corrective actions to management.
- Manage the overall design of process flowsheets, plant layouts, material handling systems, manpower requirements, equipment procurement, and material utilization.
- Responsible for production output of jewelry, Sampling Management with Lab, product quality and on-time shipping.
- Maintain a safe and efficient working environment.
- Progressively gain and apply knowledge of plant instrumentation, calibration, adjustment and troubleshooting.
- Support in carrying out internal audits.
- Write and submit weekly, monthly and quarterly metallurgical reports.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in metallurgy, material science, or chemical engineering.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in mineral processing/extractive metallurgy.
- Experience in gold value addition plant and overseeing the whole production of jewelry a Must
- Demonstrated commitment to safe working practices.
- Ability to effectively delegate while maintaining forward motion on key deliverables.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to conduct interdependent research.
- Ability to develop and draft procedures, plans, and internal control systems.
Strong general and specialized computer skills, including relevant software
How to Apply
If you meet the qualifications for this position and are committed to a challenging career with a dynamic company, please submit a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com referencing the job title in the subject line