The successful candidate for this role will join our IT Services team as a Senior Application Developer in the Technology Department. (S)He will report to the Head, Customer Solutions Support and will be directly accountable for the entire life cycle of multiple solutions in the delivery of solutions.
Job Title: Senior Application Developer
- Develop end-to-end applications for the various business units in consultation with the Solutions Architects;
- Work closely with all business units and third-party vendors, creating winning proposals and successfully delivering products within budget;
- Plan, design and implement solutions and other IT platforms to meet standards and protocols for data exchange and communication;
- Identify the appropriate software architecture based on the requirements and design elements contained in the system specification;
- Analyze user needs and application requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints;
- Code and test applications based on application specifications and design;
- Comply with SOA architecture standards, identify areas of improvement in the local Solutions Framework and develop to new approaches to optimize our existing processes;
- Ensure all development practices follow’s best practices policies and procedures in the organization;
- Track and maintaining records and metrics;
- Provide Level 3 support for all in-house developed application.
Required Qualification and Experience
- A University Degree in any field with emphasis on Computer Science or a related disciplines e.g. (System Engineer, IS Engineer, Information Systems Engineer, IT Engineer, Network Systems Engineer) from a recognized university. A certification in Software Development will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in the IT industry (Telco preferably) and experience in Software development (including PAAS/SAAS) and SOA Architecture;
- Good experience in UML.