Posted on :
18 Jan, 2017
18 Jan, 2017
Akatsi College of Education (AKATSICO) is a teacher training college located at Akatsi in the Volta Region of Ghana. It was established on 1 October 1963. Its motto is “Quality teacher education in a changing society,” and the college is home to more than 700 students.
Applications are invited from suitably qualifies persons for the position of:
Job Title: College Secretary
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The College Secretary is the Head of the Office of the College Secretary. He/she shall assist the Principal in the Administration and Management of the College.
• He/she is the Secretary to the College Council, all Committees of College, as well as Statutory Committees of the College.
• It shall be the responsibility of the College Secretary to ensure the functioning of all Boards and Standing Committees of the College.
• The Office of the College Secretary is in charge of all administrative, secretarial and personnel matters of the College.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicants must hold a good first degree and a postgraduate degree preferably in administration and management-related area.
• He/she must have served as a Deputy Secretary in a College of Education or comparable grade in a similar institution / organization for at least four (4) years
Location: Akatsi, Volta Region
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants for the above position must submit two copies of comb bound documents comprising:
• Letter of application
• Copies of academic and professional certificates
• Curriculum vitae with names, postal and email addresses of three (3) referees
• A two-page statement of the applicants’ vision for the position and strategies for achieving the vision.
The application documents, including letters of reference from each of the referees mentioned, must be sent under registered and confidential cover by mail or courier service to:
The College Search Committee
Akatsi College of Education
Closing Date: 14 February, 2017