AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined..
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Tyre Technician.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Tyre Technician is accountable for executing all servicing and repair work of all mobile equipment and fleet tyres in a safe and compliant manner as instructed and tasked.
- Work compliantly with the requirement of Government of Ghana Agencies, environmental, health & safety legislation and AGAG regulation
- Accept personal responsibility for his own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Attend training, development and performance improvement training as required
- Execute all planned and adhoc servicing and repair work of all mobile equipment and fleet tyres as tasked in accordance with all relevant regulations from Government of Ghana and AGAG
- Execute daily pre-start checks of equipment/tools in and prior to leaving workshop, should this be required. Escalate and report any anomalies to Supervisor
- Assess all equipment required for completion of the tasked work, create checklist and transport all tools necessary for task completion away from workshop if required
- Recognize any Tyre on vehicle or equipment with anomalies that would indicate requirements for maintenance, report and escalate to Supervisor.
- Provide data and information to support the Maintenance Planner to close out work orders in SAP on completion of the tasked work activities.
- Carry out work cost effectively
- Execute work in a timely manner
- Operate all equipment within the safe working environment
- Stop equipment operation if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used and report to Supervisor
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary/Technical education level
- Certificate of successful completion of respected Tyre Fitting / Auto Mechanic trade apprenticeship (example: City and Guilds).
- National Vocational Trade Institute (NVTI) Grade 1 Certificate
- Five (5) years of experience of post apprenticeship work in a Tyre Fitting / Auto Mechanic trade
- Familiarity with the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
- Must possess Valid Ghanaian Driving License “C” issued by DVLA.
- Must be familiar with underground Environment.
- Fully literate and numerate
- Fully competent in mechanical trade
- Knowledge in crane safe operation