Posted on :
28 Apr, 2017
28 Apr, 2017
ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (Subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti limited) operates the combined Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a workforce of over 1400,including contractors. AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Ltd. is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of
Job Title: Manager – Industrial Relations.
• To coordinate the implementation of employee engagement and industrial relations programmes and initiatives that ensure effective and cordial relations with employees and their representatives.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive labour relations strategy that is aligned with the mines labour relations philosophy to drive sustainable business performance and improves union -management relationship.
• Facilitate negotiations between the company and Union on CAs reviews and salary negotiations.
• Audit company policies and procedures and CAs to ensure compliance with labour Act 2003 (Act 651) and other relevant legislations.
• Provide expert advice on labour issues to Senior Manager – HR and line managers to ensure compliance with the labour Act 2003 (Act 651), Collective Agreements and associated legislation.
• Evaluate and ensure application of best-fit approaches and methodologies to managing labour relations processes such as employee discipline, grievance, and poor performance management .
• Develop/devise effective programmes to enhance employee morale and involvement to enhance productivity .
• Identify and anticipate areas of potential conflicts and develop appropriate strategies to counteract undesirable trends and avoid production losses resulting from employee action, labour disputes, and legal action.
• Represent the company in the event of legal action and labour commission enquiries relating to employees;
• Provide strategic support to Senior Manager – HR for effective and efficient running of the HR Administration unit.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in Social Sciences, General Business (Majoring in Human Resource), Industrial Psychology, Labour Relations or Law Degree
• A minimum of eight (8) years’ working at a senior level with a proven track record in Industrial Relations practices within the Mining or Extractive Industry.
• Professional certification in Human Resources.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office standard software applications and HR/Payroll software packages (SAP (HCM Module) and other HRIS.
• Knowledge of conflict resolution mechanism.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and take decisions in a manner consistent with established Company policy and Labour and Employment Laws.
• Excellent understanding and interpretation of the Labour Act 2003, (Act 651) and other labour Legislations and practices.
How to Apply
Interested and eligible persons who meet the above criteria are to forward their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae to any of the following addresses:
The Senior Manager – Human Resources,
Anglogold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited,
P.O. Box 283, Tarkwa.
Email: [email protected] Closing Date: 05 May, 2017
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend interview