AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
Job Title: NDT (NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTING) TECHNICIAN.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as NDT (NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTING) TECHNICIAN.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The NDT Technician (Technical Services) reports to the Reliability Engineer and is responsible for performing all non-destructive safety tests of structures, vehicles, or vessels using x-ray, ultrasound, fibre optic or related equipment across the site and equipment above and underground and reporting.
The role holder also escalates and recommends to the Reliability Engineer on subjects in developing, implementing and reviewing equipment maintenance strategies to include NDT inspection in order to improve equipment safety, reliability and asset integrity of the mine plant and equipment to world-class standards.
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Assist Reliability Engineer in gathering information for reports
- Conduct audits of Process Plant Equipment
- Conduct reviews of the NDT function to identify actions for continuous improvement
- Assist the Reliability Engineer to develop NDT plans and checks for Plant equipment
- Execute NDT checks on a routine scheduled basis. This to include x-ray, ultrasound, fibre optic, dye penetrant, crack detection or related inspections and report to the Condition Monitoring Supervisor;
- Analyze and trend predictive maintenance data (vibration, IR, etc.) to determine plant condition and report this condition for action;
- Monitor general physical condition of plant assets through NDT methods and report
- Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary
- Generate work requests in SAP as required for maintenance planning and scheduling
- Gather information on vibration & other data collected in order to diagnose / troubleshoot rotating/vibrating machinery problems.
- Actively participate in Reliability improvement programmes and Root Cause Failure Analysis process of Rotating equipment as per requirements.
- Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Propose cost savings project
- Execute work in a timely manner
- Monitor equipment state on asset health system and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
- Report directly to the reliability engineer on issues and identify and execute improvement projects
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Engineering Technician qualifications
- Level-1 certification in NDT will be an advantage
- Six (6) years of experience in the mining industry
- Familiarity with the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
- Specialized training in NDT analysis and other condition monitoring techniques
- Practical knowledge in the use of SAP
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.