BD is a global medical technology company that manufactures and sells medical devices, instrument systems and reagents, and is dedicated to enriching people’s health throughout the world.
Location: West Africa, Accra.
Propose and develop marketing and sales plans in collaboration with the regional leader and EMA marketing manager and personally implement these plans locally to ensure the continued growth of BD Diagnostic Systems product sales (microbiology instruments and reagents), market share and profitability in West Africa in line with overall business strategy and sales & GP targets. This will be achieved primarily through the effective selection, management and development of our distributor network, the coaching and development of the local Sales and Application Specialists, and the promotion of BD’s products to decision makers, opinion leaders and end-users.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Regular Market analysis to pro-actively propose and develop together with EMA Marketing and personally implement business and marketing plans, pricing policy, sales strategies and promotional plans by market, distributor and product group for instrument and reagent sales in West Africa in order to meet and exceed business objectives, net sales and GP, and doing this while staying in line with the expense budgets
- Promote products; including provision of product support & training for customers and distributors, arranging/attending seminars/congresses as required. Develop and maintain high level contacts within government, MOH and appropriate lobby groups to influence public policy and ensure accurate market intelligence and effective promotion of the BD brand and product advantages
- Provide direct and indirect leadership and coaching for BD and distributor staff, including: developing teamwork; building trust; inspiring motivation; providing ongoing feedback, training and coaching on performance and skills development; and championing an environment of high performance, open communication, involvement, responsibility and self-discipline
- Ensure the development of ambitious but reliable budgets and provide ongoing forecasts for BDDS West Africa. Follow up on payment and collection of receivables and manage expenses and promotional costs within budget
- Support teamwork and the sharing of ideas and information between businesses throughout West Africa and EMA. Ensure that BD’s professional and ethical standards are maintained
Required Skills or Experience
- Commitment to teamwork and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong customer focus, & attention to detail,
- Flexible and highly adaptable to work in changing environments
- Ability to accept personal responsibility coupled with high ethical values
Education and qualifications:
- Degree in microbiology or medicine, Alternative qualifications could be considered depending upon professional experience
Professional Skills and experience:
- Must have at least 3 years of practical scientific/medical experience. Experience in sales, marketing and/or “distributor” management in the medical market is a plus, as well as experience in different countries in West Africa
- Fluency in French and English at the level of being able to address and communicate with local people in their own language (either French or English) is ESSENTIAL.
- Demonstrates a high degree of self-motivation, target orientation and drive to achieve results combined with strong commercial and financial understanding
- Will demonstrate the potential and willingness to take on increasing levels of responsibility
- Willingness to travel extensively (at least 60% of his time)
If you meet the above criteria please send your detailed CV with a hand written cover letter, daytime contacts, copies of your academic and professional certificates to:
The Human Resources Manager
BD (West Africa) Ltd