Casa Trasacco Limited, a reputable company based in Accra and engaged in the business of selling high quality furniture, is offering a golden opportunity to dynamic, self-motivated and results-oriented individuals to fill the position of:
STORES AND LOGISTICS MANAGER:
The successful candidate shall be responsible for supervising the Stores and Logistics team on daily operational activities.
- To ensure the proper accounting of stocks.
- To be responsible for monthly stock Management Information System.
- To provide the minimum and re-order level every month.
- To develop and provide an ageing analysis of inventory items on a monthly basis.
- To provide a Management Information System report of non-moving and slow-moving stocks on a monthly basis.
- To make sure all purchases and the issuance of goods from the Stores and Logistics Department have been entered on a daily basis and that an end-of-day activity report is validated on a daily basis.
- To ensure that the stock does not go below the re-order level at any given point in time.
- To supervise the proper storage of goods, maintenance of bin cards and reconciliation of stocks in the system database and bin cards.
- To be responsible for the maintenance of accounting records in the Stores and Logistics Department.
- To ensure the smooth receipt and issuance of goods to the relevant departments with due compliance of the internal control system.
- To make sure logistic movements are managed in right time.
- To manage the human resource relationship of staff reporting to you in the Stores and Logistics Department and to appraise the staff in your department periodically on a human resource module.
- To assist the Company’s auditor and Chief Financial Officer in any sort of stock verification and audit compliance for management reporting.
- To be responsible for the supervision and valuation of the inventory, works-in-progress and finished goods required for the preparation of management and audited accounts.
- To ensure that proper internal control and internal check systems are followed in the Stores and Logistics Department as required by Management.
Very attractive and negotiable.
Required Skills or Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business or Marketing.
- A minimum of five (5) years post-qualification work experience in a senior role.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organisational and written skills.
- Up-to-date knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications.
- Previous experience in the retail furniture industry desirable but not required.
Application letters including Curriculum Vitae with two (2) references should be sent by e-mail to [email protected] by 30th June 2011.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.