MODEC is a general contractor specializing in engineering, procurement, construction and installation of floating production systems including FPSOs, FSOs, TLPs, Production Semi-Submersibles, MOPUs and other new technologies which will meet the challenges of various types of gas production floaters.
Job Title: Engine Room Mechanical Technician (10580)
- To carry out maintenance and repair work, shutdowns, isolations and planned maintenance.
- To be aware of class and flag survey requirements and undertake or supervise the preparation of machinery or equipment for survey.
- Be familiar with the Facility’s plant and machinery and shall ensure that the maintenance staff under his control are adequately trained in their safe operation and maintenance.
- Ensure that he has knowledge of safety requirements, including work permit systems, operational and emergency procedures, Company policy and instructions.
- Adhere to all operation procedures related engine room operations & maintenance per Standard documents on Facility management system.
- Shall assist the Chief Engineer/Mechanical Supervisor with the preparation of the running repair list.
- To maintain accurate records which shall be readily retrievable and conform to the Safety/Facility Management Systems; to prepare data for entry in the daily report and the AMOS. His handover notes will encompass a comprehensive coverage of his work during his period onboard.
- To liaise with the Chief Engineer on ordering of stores and spare gear and maintenance of onboard stock levels, to ensure that the Facility’s operational capabilities and safety are not jeopardized.
- To carry out bunkering operations and ensure that all preventative measures are taken when bunkering in port or offshore.
- To perform gas tests and isolations as per permit to work and confined space entry permits.
- May be required to deputies for the Chief Engineer if the Chief Engineer is absent from the Facility.
- Experience as 2nd Engineer on FPSO or similar Facilities with a detailed knowledge of tanker systems and operations preferred.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of process equipment preferred.
- Experience with Safety Management Systems and Computerised Maintenance Management Systems preferred.
- 1st Class Motor Certificate with tanker endorsement.
- Strong personal and interpersonal skills.
- Training requirements for the position are as set out in the Safety Training Requirements for Offshore Personnel.