Education International (EI); a Global Union Federation is the voice of teachers and other education employees around the globe. It promotes peace, democracy, social justice and equality through the development of education and the collective strength of teachers and education employee unions. EI Africa covers 52 countries in Africa and the Middle East and its Africa Regional Office is based in Accra-Ghana.
Job Title: Translation/Communications Officer
In order to sustain it mission, vision and objectives, Education International’s Africa Regional Office is recruiting a Translation/Communications Officer
- Develop and improve processes of Translation and Communications in the EI Africa Regional Office.
- Assist in Communications and in the drafting of media releases and multimedia packages (including photos, presentation etc.) in support of project advocacy and campaign activities.
- Ensure translation of all materials deemed relevant by the African Regional office including internal communications with French-English-Portuguese speaking countries and relevant partners.
- Maintain a permanent contact with Portuguese speaking countries and occasionally do bilateral interpreting during meetings with partners.
- Translates a variety of documents including literary, legal, research, technical, scientific, educational, and commercial materials
- Assist in drafting communication plans and messages
Required Skills or Experience
- A Certificate in translation or Communication (Portuguese-French-English), with a minimum of 3 year experience.
- A native or very high standard of spoken and written Portuguese, French, and English.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, ability to work under pressure
- Computer and Internet literate; familiar with search engines, particularly terminological resources
- Good writing, editing and copy-editing skills
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must submit your CV and a cover letter plus 2 references to [email protected] latest by 24th September