General Manager – Fuels & Marketing (Downstream Oil & Gas) – Ghana
Salary: Expat Salary
CA Oil & Gas are currently seeking a General Manager for a downstream fuels & retailing company for their operations in Ghana.
To Develop a strategy and direction to guide the business into the future with planned growth ensuring that all stated objectives, aims and
targets are met and lead to the overall Company Goal.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. Day-to-day financial control of the business including: Development of the business in line with stated objectives. Managing Financial and Physical Resources
- Plan, develop and implement strategy for operational management and development so as to meet agreed organisational performance plans within agreed budgets and timescales.
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of operational management and development
- Monitor, measure and report on operational issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales
- Manage and develop direct reporting staff
- Manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets as well as Forecast accurately and dynamically allocate resources against forecast
- Liaise with other functional/departmental managers so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of operational development, and to ensure they are fully informed of operational objectives, purposes and achievements
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of contemporary operational development theory and methods and provide suitable interpretation to directors, managers and staff within the organisation
- Contribute to the evaluation and development of operational strategy and performance in co-optation with the executive team
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Execute the responsibilities of a company director.
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Implement and create policies that ensure efficiency and effectiveness of staff.
- Responsible for the development of the business in mining and Industrial sector of Ghana with full P&L responsibility and the day to day management of the Company.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing a chain of fuel retail outlets throughout the country at strategic locations with high European Standards
- Drive team to deliver annual goals
· Degree in Business
· Proven track record in management of marketing and sales operations.
· Ten years Experience in managing a sales and service organization
· Understanding of the distributor channels in petroleum sector
· Experienced in driving change within an organisation
· Strong leadership experience
· MBA desirable
Substantial experience from a management position is essential. Candidate should have expertise in one of the following:
- Strategic Development
- Operational Efficiency
- Revenue Enhancement
- Organisational Design
Petroleum and Retail Services experience is also highly desirable.
This rapidly growing team offers the chance to work on a wide range of projects. .
With a real work / life balance and some travel you will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package. This would be a position for someone who wants challenge and would be energised by this exciting opportunity.
- Experience in fuel retail management a plus.
Please send your CV to [email protected]
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED