Posted on :
7 Sep, 2011
7 Sep, 2011
GENERAL ENLISTMENT INTO THE GHANA ARMED FORCES 2012 – ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
1. Regular Commission (Army/Navy/Air Force Career Officers)
a. General Eligibility.Eligible applicant should:
(1) Be a Ghanaian citizen by birth.
(2) Be of good character.
(3) Be not less than 20 years and not more than 25 years by 31 May 2012 for Regular
Commission and not more than 30 years by 31 January 2012 for Short Service Commission.
(4) Be medically fit by Ghana Armed Forces standard.
(5) Be not bonded.
(6) Be not married.
(7) Be of minimum height of 1.67m (5’ 6”) for males and 1.57m (5’ 2”) for females.
(8) In addition to all above, candidate must have obtained credits in Core English, Core
Mathematics and Core Science at SSSCE or equivalent examination.
b. Army – Regular Officer Candidates. Applicants must have a Degree or Diploma or
HND from a recognized university/Polytechnic in any of the following:
(Note: Diploma in a single subject and/or in Business Studies are not acceptable).
(2) Social Science.
(3) Pure Science/Agriculture or Applied Science.
(4) Administration (HR/Accts/Banking & Fin/Marketing).
(5) Civil/Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic/Chemical/Geological Engineering.
(6) Architecture/Building Technology.
(7) Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Computer Programming/Networking/System
(8) Telecommunication Engineering.
(9) Archival/Information Studies.
(10) Physical/Health & Recreational Education.
(11) Public Relations/Journalism/Communication Studies/Cinematography.
(13) Music (Staff-reading, Conducting, Orchestrating, Wind Instruments).
c. Arms/Corps. Applicants are to indicate their preference from the following options:
(1) Teeth Arms.
(2) Signal Corps. A Degree/HND from a recognized University/Polytechnic in any of the following:
(a) Telecommunication Engineering.
(b) Computer Science.
(c) Information Technology.
(d) Computer Security/Forensics.
(f) Microsoft Certified System Engineering.
(g) Microsoft Certified Database Administration.
(h) CISOO Certified Network Associate.
(3) Engineer Corps. A Degree/HND from a recognized University/Polytechnic in any of the following:
(a) Civil Engineering.
(b) Electrical Engineering.
(c) Quantity Surveying.
(d) Architecture/Building Technology.
(a) Supply and Transport (S&T).
(c) Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (EME).
(d) Public Relations.
(g) Military Police.
(i) Physical Training and Sports.
(j) Information Technology/Data Processing.
d. Navy – Regular Officer Candidates.
(1) Executive Branch.
(a) A Degree/Diploma in Nautical Science from the Regional Maritime University.
(b) A Degree/Diploma in Mathematics, Pure Science, Geography, Statistics or
Computer Science from a recognized University.
(c) A Degree/Diploma in Oceanography or Geomatic Engineering from a recognized
(2) Technical Branch.
(a) A Degree in Civil, Marine, Mechanical or Electrical/Electronic Engineering from a
(b) A Degree in Naval Architecture.
(3) Supply and Secretarial Branch. A Degree or Diploma/HND from a recognized
University/Polytechnic or equivalent professional institution in any of the following:
(a) Administration (HR/Accts/Marketing/Banking & Fin).
(e) Management Studies.
(f) Purchasing & Supply/CIPS.
e. Air Force – Regular Officer Candidates.
(1) Air Branch. A Degree in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Geography,
Statistics, Computer Science, Aeronautical or Agricultural Engineering from a recognized University.
(2) Supply Branch. A Degree from a recognized University or equivalent professional institution in the following:
(a) Administration (Accts).
(c) Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) – final part.
(3) Administration Branch. A Degree from a recognized University or equivalent professional institution in any of the following:
(a) Administration. (HR/Accts/Banking & Fin)
(b) Arts or Social Science.
(c) Public Relations/Journalism/Communication Studies.
(e) Physical/Health and Recreational Education.
(f) Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administration (ICSA) – final part.
(4) Engineering Branch. A Degree from a recognized University in the following:
(a) Aeronautical Engineering.
(b) Electrical Engineering.
(c) Electronic Engineering.
(d) Mechanical Engineering.
(e) Agricultural Engineering.
(f) Computer Science/Engineering.
2. Short Service Commission (Direct Entry Professionals)-(Army/Navy/Air Force).
a. General Eligibility. Eligible applicants should in addition to the general eligibility requirements for Regular Commission Officers:
(1) Be not more than 30 years by 31 January 2012, unless otherwise specified.
(2) Must have working experience in the specified profession.
b. Legal Service. Candidate must have the relevant educational and professional certificates and be admitted to the Ghana Bar and not more than 35 years old.
c. Medical Corps.
(1) General Duty Medical, Dental Officers and Doctor of Optometry. Candidate must have the relevant educational and professional certificates and be fully registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Ghana.
(2) Hygiene Officer.
(a) Environmental Health or Royal Society of Health (RSH) Diploma.
(b) Additional qualification in Health Education, Tropical Health and Hygiene or
Community Health will be an advantage.
(3) General Nursing Officers.
(a) Registered Nurse/Mental Health Nurse/Midwife/Critical Care Nurse/Ophthalmic Nurse/Peri-Operative Nurse and ENT Nurse (Degree/Diploma) with at least three years continuous work experience.
(b) Post Basic Qualification in a Nursing related programme of at least one year duration, with at least three years working experience is an advantage.
(4) Nursing Tutors. SRN/RGN/RMN with at least three years working experience in area
of specialty plus:
(a) A Degree in Nursing/Health Science, or
(b) Post-Graduate Diploma in Management or Education.
(c) A Masters Degree in a Nursing related course is an advantage.
(5) Pharmacists. Candidate must hold B Pharm or its equivalent, be registered with Pharmacy Council, and be a member of the Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana.
(6) Medical Laboratory Science Officers. Applicants must be holders of any of the
following from a recognized institution and must be computer literate:
(a) Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology.
(b) Degree in Biochemistry or Biological Science.
(c) Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology.
(a) A Degree or Diploma in Medical Radiography from a recognized institution.
(b) Must be computer literate.
(8) Clinical Psychologist. Applicant must not be more than 35 years and be a holder of a first Degree, Masters or Phd in Counseling or Clinical Psychology with a minimum of 6, 4, and 3 years working experience respectively.
d. Engineering Services. A Degree/Diploma from a recognized University/Polytechnic in:
(1) Civil, Marine, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (Light & Heavy).
(2) Architecture. (Must be a registered member of the Ghana Institute of Architects).
(3) Building Technology.
e. Chaplaincy Services.
(1) Chaplains. The following qualifications are required:
(a) Must have been ordained as a Priest or Minister of the Roman Catholic, Anglican,
Methodist, Presby, Evangelical Presby, SDA or Church of Pentecost.
(b) Must have done a minimum of four (4) years service in the pastoral field, and must be a holder of a Licentiate or Diploma in Theology from a recognized Theological Seminary or College.
(c) Must be recommended by Head of Church who must be prepared to release him/her to theGhana Armed Forces .
(2) Imams. The following qualifications are required:
(a) Must have practiced as an Imam for at least four (4) years and fluent in spoken and written Arabic and English.
(b) Must be an Al-Alim Phedeen (Islamic Theologian) and holder of a Degree or Diploma in Islamic Theology from a recognized University/Islamic Institution.
(c) Must be recognized by the Office of the National Chief Imam, the Ghana Muslim Mission, the Muslim Representative Council, and the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs, Islamic Research or the Ahmadiya Muslim Mission.
f. Band. A Degree/Diploma in Music; plus knowledge in Wind instruments, Conducting,
Staff-reading and Orchestrating.
3. Rank on Commission. – Army, Navy and Airforce Regular candidates will be commissioned as Lieutenant, Sub-Lieutenant and Flying Officer respectively on successfully completing their training at the Ghana Military Academy. Only Short Service Applicants for Medical/Dental Officer, Clinical Psychologist, Legal Officer and Engineer Services (Architecture), Nursing Tutor and Doctor of Optometry will be commissioned as Captains, Naval Lieutenant or Flight Lieutenants depending on the choice of Service on successful completion of training.
MODE OF APPLICATION
4. Applicants should complete the Initial Data Form provided in their own handwriting and forward it together with photocopies of the supporting documents to the Director Manpower Planning, General Headquarters (Personnel Administration) Burma Camp, Accra.
5. Applicants must clearly state in the space provided which Arms of Service, Type of Commission and the advertised Vacancy they are applying for eg. Army, – Regular: Infantry, etc. Army, – Short Service: Medical, etc; Navy, – Regular: Executive, etc. Navy – Short Service: Band, etc; Airforce, Regular: Supply Branch, etc. Airforce, – Short Service: Legal, etc.
6. Applicants are to obtain EMS prepaid envelopes specially designed for the enlistment exercise from designated post offices throughout the country at a fee for Twenty-five Ghana Cedis (GH?25,00) from Ghana Post Ltd Services.
7. The Initial Data Form with supporting documents such as photocopies of Birth/Baptismal Certificates, Educational/Professional certificates, 4 recent passport photographs and the small size EMS envelope bearing the applicant’s address are to be sealed in the large size EMS prepaid envelope and submitted to the same post office for special delivery to the Ghana Armed Forces General Headquarters, Burma Camp, Accra.
8. Closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday 29 July 2011.
9. Designated Post Offices:
a. Greater Accra. Accra North, GPO, Cantonments, Dansoman, Legon, Madina, KIA Post
office, TUC, Kaneshie, Ministries Post Office, Mamprobi, New Achimota, Tema C1 Main, Tema
b. Central Region. Cape Coast, Agona Swedru, Saltpond, Dunkwa-On Offin, Winneba,
c. Northern Region. Tamale, Education Ridge, Yendi, Walewale, Damongo
d. Upper West Region. Wa Lawra, Tumu.
e. Upper East Region. Bawku, Navrongo, Bolgatanga.
f. Ashanti Region. Kumasi Main, KNUST Post Office, Ashanti-Mampong, Bekwai-Ashanti,
Konongo, Obuasi, Offinso, Ejura, Juaso, Akrokerri, Ejisu, Agogo.
g. Brong Ahafo Region. Sunyani, Berekum, Techiman, Bechem, Kwame Danso, Kintampo,
Dormaa Ahenkro, Duayaw Nkwanta.
h. Eastern Region. Koforidua, Nkawkaw, Mpraeso, Suhum, Akim, Oda, Abun,
Asamankese, Akropong-Akuapem, Somanya, Akosombo, Nsawam.
i. Western Region. Takoradi, Sekondi, Tarkwa, Enchi, Sefwi-Wiawso.
j. Volta Region. Ho, Keta, Hohoe, Kpando, Denu, Peki, Sogakope, Jasikan, Kadjebi.
10. Transportation/Feeding/Accommodation.Applicants are responsible for their own transportation, feeding and accommodation throughout the enlistment exercise.
11. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for the screening and selection process.
NB: All candidates are to follow Instructions given by the GHQ (Personnel Administration) only.
The Ghana Armed Forces is an equal opportunity employer. There are no authorized middlemen and the advertised vacancies are not for sale. Any person found parading as an agent or middle man would be prosecuted and those who deal with such people do so at their won risk. Anybody who presents false documents would also be arrested and prosecuted.