Posted on :
4 Jan, 2017
4 Jan, 2017
Golden Star is an established gold mining company that owns and operates the Wassa and Prestea mines situated on the prolific Ashanti Gold Belt in Ghana, West Africa.
Job Title: Ventilation Engineer/ Technician
Reporting to the Mines Technical Services Manager, the Ventilation Engineer is a key member of the Technical Services Department, working closely with other departments to ensure that the ventilation system adheres to all company policies and government regulations.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Mine Ventilation Diploma.
• A sound knowledge of the VentSim software package
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant underground mine ventilation experience
• Oversee the Mine technicians in the completion of regulated weekly, monthly and quarterly mine ventilation surveys
• Mentor and train Underground Mine Ventilation Technicians
• Ensure the mines ventilation systems are designed to provide adequate flows to all areas, optimising for power consumption.
• Ensure auxiliary ventilation systems are properly allocated and there are plans in place to compliment the short/medium/long term mine plans
• Update policies and procedures for continued best ventilation practice
• Determine and evaluate the LOM ventilation design, advise on key mining connection and major required infrastructure upgrades’
• Provide advice on ventilation strategies
• Ensure the ventilation management system is updated on a quarterly basis
• Ensure all ventilation recommendations are distributed to the stake holders in a timely manner
• Strong analytical and technical skills
• Strong leadership and excellent communication skills
• Solid organisational skills, ability to prioritise, meet tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks
• Well-developed ability to plan, organise, and execute detailed phases of project assignments from design to testing
• Identify and resolve issues ensuring hazard identification and risk assessment principles are firmly applied and all ventilation matters relating to legislation, SHMS and SOPs are completed according to schedule
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons should send their application letters, CVs, and copies of relevant academic documents to:
THE HR & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
GOLDEN STAR (WASSA) LIMITED
Closing Date: 10 January, 2017