Guinness Ghana Breweries is a leading brewer and marketer of premium alcoholic and malt drinks in Ghana. It has the vision of being the Ghana’s most celebrated business.
The GGBL market is both developing and fragmented with potential widespread change taking place in the structure of the retail off-trade given the possible licensing of the FMCG retail chains.
The concentration of purchasing power amongst national accounts on off-trade follows the global trend resulting in ever-increasing pressure on pricing, profitability and service.
Mastering of the on-trade is a strategic imperative ensuring maximum influence at port of consumption in this channel.
Job Title: Area Sales Manager – Mainstream Spirits
To lead, motivate & develop a team of sales professionals in order to deliver stretch brand & portfolio targets & build profitable sales
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Graduate caliber with at least 3 years’ experience of marketing / commercial / Sales environments
- A proven track record in marketing / commercial / sales functions
- At least 3 years within a retail / FMCG business with an experience in a Leadership position
- Strong People management experience
- Computer literate (Microsoft office, Automation selling…)
- Able to identify and articulate customer/market/ competitor information to report on & input to future Trade Strategy.
- Is able to handle tough situations through advanced negotiation skills and effective, collaborative cross- functional team working.
Manage and develop the Business Units to maximise profit
- Ensure excellent execution of all national & state initiatives
- Execute Trading Terms & compliance with business unit
- Identify opportunities for growth & executing with scale & pace
Uses expert knowledge
- Participate in cross functional insight development & commercial workshops, contributing expert customer & consumer knowledge in order to develop commercial plans & sales activities
Develop the capability of team & self
- Recruit, retain & motivate talent within team
- Invests 10% of time providing coaching for wholesaler sales team
Achieve targets for all customer & consumer drivers
- Manage outlet typing & execute coverage strategy
- Ensure team works to the Diageo Standards & execute journey planning
- Set & monitor sales driver & activity targets against agreed initiatives
Work with Customers to ensure GGBL wins in store
- Executional excellence of trading term agreements
- Build compelling sales stories
- Challenge Trade Activation team &other business partners to ensure we have the resources necessary to win
- Ensures that the market has a defined contact and coverage strategy as well as account classification (MSS wholesalers are graded A,B,C)
- Execute business strategy that establishes guidelines for a ceiling on the percentage of call time spent collecting data which drives focus on key priorities, especially customer facing time
- Execute JP and deliver individual targets in JP per call.
- Execute activities per called out mechanic and ensure the success of activity in territory