Guinness Ghana Breweries is a leading brewer and marketer of premium alcoholic and malt drinks in Ghana. It has the vision of being the Ghana’s most celebrated business.
Diageo Plc owns 80.39% Investment in Guinness Ghana Breweries Ltd and continues to invest heavily in capex, which is critical to the journey to No 1. Diageo Plc is quoted in the US and London Stock Exchanges while Guinness Ghana Breweries Ltd (the subsidiary) is quoted in the Ghana Stock Exchange.
Job Title: Assistant Brand Manager
EXPECTATIONS OF THE ROLE
A clear workplan with a diverse range of brand building activities. Managing 3-5 divergent work streams, build your cross category exposure and stakeholder engagement to deliver outstanding executions on time and in full
Undisputed Marketing Experts with diverse toolkits. Through our actions we are seen as the experts in brand management across categories. We can contribute not only our resource but our opinion across a range of activities to build stronger plans across the portfolio
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Candidate will have a strong passion for serving and understanding consumers and thereby continue to delight and engage them through engaging marketing platforms using not only his own skills but also those of their virtual teams.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in Brand management
- He/she will be an incredibly creative thinker, not only in marketing and communication skills but also through his/her analytical skills thereby determining the effectiveness of growth drivers/activities and recommending adaptations required to achieve brand fame.
- Known as a guru of execution they drive rigour in their planning, and execution of their brand building activities on time, every time
- Competitive Edge – Every marketer will need to be highly aware of the competitive nature of the marketplace and be prepared, and able, to alter course in order to meet the challenge.
- Stakeholder Management – Understanding the power and necessity of stakeholder management being an expert in the timely engagement of critical stakeholders.
- Commercially Astute – getting close into the execution reality.
- Being unrelenting on performance – developing concise and measurable KPIs (brand & activity), critically analyzing results and bringing clear insight and direction to mitigations and future plans for brand and portfolio growth.
- Leading portfolio growth through consumer and category curiosity, bringing new ideas through insightful learnings and observed behaviours.
- Co-ordination of cross-functional teams, including Supply, Procurement, Logistics and Finance, to deliver the annual ATL & BTL activity plans
- Agency management – fresh, fluid and adaptive agency management –
- Maximize Contribution – Sets personal ambitions, uncompromising goals. Develops self.