Guinness Ghana Breweries Limited (GGBL) is the leading Total Beverage Business in Ghana with an outstanding collection of brands across beers, stouts, non-alcoholic and spirits. GGBL is a Diageo business, the world’s leading premium drinks business with internationally celebrated brands including Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff and Baileys. In Ghana, GGBL is the only beverage business listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange.
GGBL operates from two sites, its headquarters, Kaasi in the Ashanti Region and Achimota, in the Greater Accra Region with workforce of about 1,200.
Job Title: Brand Ambassadors
The Reserve Brands Luxury Portfolio encompasses some of the finest spirits in the world. With a vast and raging portfolio covering vodka, gin, tequila, rum, Scotch & other whiskeys, the breadth and diversity of this portfolio give Diageo a true point of difference. The Reserve Luxury Portfolio Division was established in 2003 to go after this opportunity.The Reserve Luxury Portfolio Division is a team of highly trained individuals who focus on super- premium and luxury led opportunities across the discerning on-trade, demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving and brand building activity. Discerning Trend Leading/Regional Leading (TLA/RLA) accounts are icons within the trade and create a halo for brands.
This is a Marketing Position aimed at building the Reserve Luxury Portfolio knowledge, awareness and adoration of our Diageo Reserve Luxury Portfolio for our consumers, sales forces as well as the TLA/RLA stakeholders, driving and inspiring both consumer and customer loyalty and demand.
Qualification And Experience Required
- Excellent knowledge of the drinks and non-drinks luxury goods sector
- Proven passion for living life of the luxury sector and bringing our brands to life
- Experience as an entrepreneur with a strong understanding of the motivations of bar managers and staff
- Outstanding and proven presentation skills
- Must possess excellent mixology skills with a solid Spirit (and Wine) knowledge
- Proven training ability, persuasive selling skills, passion for wine and the high-end drinks business, with respect to customers and consumers
- Good informal relationships with wine, culinary and lifestyle journalists an asset.
- Fluent in English (highly recommended).
- Marketing and promotion of our Reserve portfolio to a target audience.
- Increased Distribution & Rate of Sale in identified TLA/RLA accounts
- Increased Distribution & Rate of Sale in core retail stores that cater to high-end consumers (staff/key client mentor sessions)
- Conduct comprehensive pieces of training, tastings, samplings, master-classes, dinners, across the Reserve Luxury Portfolio of internal and external customers and targeted consumers-
- Create structured monthly meetings with quarterly reporting to key Sales and Marketing stakeholders
- Execution of Reserve Luxury Portfolio On-Premise and Retail activity – (for example – and not an exhaustive list- to include: mapping and building a database of key stakeholders in the accounts and number trained, number of persuasion programs developed, % steal of share from the competition, quantified incremental sales linked to activity, building advocacy, improving visibility, menu share, POS presence, creation of bespoke menu/cocktail lists, World Class execution)
- Prospect and build strong relationships with Gurus/Influencers in key markets, while maintaining and nurturing current relationships
- Together with the relevant teams, turns the Reserve Luxury Portfolio PR strategies and executions best practice into appropriate in-market actions