Guinness is the world’s leading premium drinks company. A business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry. Our ambition is to become the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer Products Company in the world.
The commercial shared service will work with markets to build faculties of leaders as teachers, raising the standards of teaching and coaching and ensuring rich learning environments.
Job Title: Commercial Capability Manager
This role will cover multiple countries and multiple channels leading commercial capability change across Off and On Trade customers.
Behaviours & purpose of Role:
The purpose of the Commercial Capability Manager role is to raise capability to impact total commercial outcomes by leveraging the commercial capability tools and curriculum. It will own the commercial capability execution plan in partnership with key markets..
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Developing the commercial capability execution plan in partnership with key markets including selecting and phasing programmes.
- Building high quality local faculties of commercial leaders operating as teachers to include delivering teacher training, coaching and accreditation.
- Execute in partnership with local faculties the core global commercial curriculum that delivers on the market roadmaps and enables the market to meet the minimum level on the global standards and ensuring the sales reps and managers are accredited in line with targets.
- Embed behaviour change by establishing and driving the 70:20:10 model ensuring strong follow through on learning events through locally systemetising coaching and on the job experiences
- Works with the global create team in commercial capability to enhance and optimise learning content ensuring its fit for purpose..
Qualifications and Experience Required:
The global commercial capability manager will be accredited to teach, facilitate, coach and accredit in at least one, ideally two and possibly three from: Field Sales / Customer Management / Customer Marketing.
Therefore every manager MUST:
- Have significant experience across multiple retail channels (at least in both On & Off trade as a minimum).
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree with 8-10 years commercial experience
- Held a number of commercial roles from customer management, customer marketing and field selling and at least two managerial positions in the faculty area they will lead.
- Must have held a team management position and proven they can build high performing teams
- Be an established and proven coach (coaching qualification not required)
- Behaviours and Skills
- Outgoing and a natural communicator with an ability to rapidly build strong networks within Diageo.
- A passionate, charismatic leader, capable of leading emotionally and creating instant connection with the credibility to teach and coach upward as well as down.
- Ability to explain the organization’s strategic business priorities and their impact on L&D solutions to commercial leaders.
- Change management experience with capability at its heart and a mindset of possibility and belief.
- A passion for learning and growing others.