Guinness Ghana Breweries Ltd (GGBL) operates in a growing but a highly competitive market where productivity and product quality are critical to business success.
The Company has two breweries. GGBL produces, distributes and sells Guinness Foreign Extra Stout, three different lager beers, RTDs, APNADs and mainstream spirits. The majority of our products are packaged in returnable glass bottles, though PET was recently introduced.
Innovation is critical to the business agenda in a very competitive and dynamic market with rapidly changing consumer demands.
Job Title: Plant Manager (Kumasi)
The Plant Manager is responsible for the overall management of operations at the Site.
The Plant Manager will ensure efficient operation of the Brewery and co-packers within the approved operational budget. This will include production operations from raw material input to a handover of the finished product to distribution/warehousing.
The Plant Manager is a member of the GGBL Supply Leadership Team.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- The Plant Manager must be an excellent people manager with a minimum of 7 years management experience in an FMCG company (preferably food industry).
- Good Honors Degree in Science / Engineering.
- Dip/MB in brewing/packaging would be useful.
- Will have a proven track record as a line manager in a production environment.
- Will be an authentic individual, able to communicate effectively and engage across functions and at all levels of the business. Will need to engage with a wide range of stakeholder both internally, within Diageo and externally.
- Must have experience of modern continuous improvement tools and working practices and have a passion for achieving higher performance and standards.
- Must be able to manage complexity and work under pressure.
- Will be a great coach with a passion for capability development.
- The plant manager must always live the Diageo Values.
- Continually drive Occupational Health and Safety standards on the sites and lead by example in delivering the business Zero Harm agenda.
- Ensure compliance with the Diageo Code of Business Conduct and have overall responsibility of the site when it comes to adherence to:
- Quality standards, Food Safety Standards (FSSC), Environmental compliance (both Diageo and statutory requirements, Diageo Way of Brewing (DWB), Global Risk Management standards (GRMS).
- Fully embed the PPMS/EISC ways of working on the site and develop/sustain a continuous improvement culture with focus on efficiency and productivity including; Operational efficiency, energy efficiency, waste minimization, asset care, quality improvement and cost minimization.
- Delivery of all agreed site targets including operational efficiencies, planning, environment and cost related KPIs.
- Drive capability development on site to ensure the right resources are in place to deliver the strategic plan.
- Ensure that the site has the right talent and resources within the team to deliver the strategic plan and continually drive for improved performance. This will require both a robust engagement plan and a focus on capability development.
All applications to be made through the website: www.Diageo-Careers.Com. Candidates should please load in their CV and covering letters.
Type of Job