Job Vacancy: Senior Training Officer-Health and Safety
The Heavy Mining Equipment Department of Tarkwa Gold mine is seeking to employ dedicated experiences and self motivated individual to fill the position of Mechanical Supervisor HME drill rig.
The incumbent shall be responsible for ensuring the application of HME management systems, processes, policies and resources provided, to meet the short term demands of the company in order to remain competitive, taking cognizance of best practice principles, with the aim to perform the daily activities of the operation in a responsible and safe manner, with quality and quantity of work as priority.
- Report to the Superintended-learning and Development, the incumbent will
- Conduct Health and Safety training needs analysis
- Prepare lesson plans/guides
- Conduct risk Assessments
- Package training modules for approval sign-off
- Present/facilitate work-specific mine-wide Health and Safety training interventions
- Conduct assessments and evaluate training outcomes
Required Skills or Experience
- Tertiary qualification from an accredited institution in the social sciences
- Minimum of 3years working experience in mining environment
- Professional qualification in health in health, safety and environment
- Computer proficiency (Word, Excel Point, Audio visual/digital projectors)
- Well developed oral and written communication skills and ability to interact with people of diverse cultures and levels
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Result oriented, innovative and ability to work with little or no supervision
- Medical fitness for the position and environment
- A valid and current light duty vehicle license and proficiency in driving light vehicles
- Continuous update in all training conducted
- Ensure accurate electronic record keeping and data validation
- Ensure daily filing and update of employee personal training files
- Audit electronic records and employee personal training files periodically
- Track trainee attendance and identify deviations for annual review/refresher training and ensure trainee compliance
- Evaluate training outcomes periodically and amend applicable training packages for continuous improvement.
- Update and improve training packages with trainee health and safety concerns gathered from periodic field follow-up /feedback sessions.
How To Apply
Interested parties should submit their curriculum Vitae
to: Gladys Damalie- Human resource Officer, Tarkwa
Gold Mine, P.O Box 26,Tarkwa or
Email: [email protected]
Please not that only shortlisted applicants
will be acknowledged
An attractive package is available to the right applicant.
Job application ends on the 6th of December, 2011