HPW Fresh and Dry Ltd is a fruit processing company. HPW is synonymous with fresh from harvest fruit, crisp and crunchy vegetables from Africa and Asia. We develop stand-alone products for our customers that meet the most exacting quality standards and offer maximum availability – for wholesalers and retailers, as well as for the food industry.
Job Title: Imports Logistics Officer
- Department: Operations
- Reports To: Logistics Coordinator
- Location: Onsite at HPW Fresh and Dry Ltd, Adesso, E/R.
To Monitor and verify imports documents and imports permit
- Handle Import monitoring by keeping a register
- Responsible for receiving and dispatching of import documents
- Verify import documents (Invoices, transport documents, packing list, etc) accuracy (eg. Descriptions, HS codes, etc
- Request for corrections/amendments on documents with errors
- Handle free zones exemptions on imports.
- Initiate the acquisition of import permits (eg PPRSD permit for plant produce)
- Liaise with clearing agents at the various entry points for clearance (Airport, Tema, Elubo, Hamile, and Aflao) of all imports
- Coordinate clearance procedures at the port, resident customs for e track deactivation
- Ensure on-time clearance at all entry points to eliminate/reduce demurrage.
- Receive cleared goods, organize offloading at the factory and handing over to the appropriate store/ user
- Handle all payments for services by clearing agents
- Update import returns and filing of import documents
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly returns to administration.
Required Skills or Experience
HND or First Degree in accounting /logistics & supply chain with at least National Service experience in a similar role
Technical & Personality Competencies
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Office suite, especially MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a Team
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to relate effectively to people at all levels
How to Apply
Submit your CV to [email protected]