The Institute of Local Government Studies (lLGS) is established under Act 647 of 2003 as a management development and training institution. It exists to strengthen the capacities of district assemblies, regional coordinating councils and other interested parties to deliver efficient land effective local governance in Ghana through the provision of excellent management development, academic education, research and consultancy, advisory, information mobilization and dissemination services.
Job Title: Associate Professors
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
- Public Policy Management
- Social Protection
- Management Information Systems
- Development Studies
- Gender Studies
- Strategic Management
- Public Sector Management
- Local Economic Development
- Business Development
- Geographic Information System
- Community Development
- Land-Use Planning
- Public Financial Management
- Project Management
- Public Sector Budgeting
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Human Resource Management
- Climate Change and Environmental Management
- Valuation and Property Rating
- Municipal Finance
- Managing Diversity
Successful candidates will be required to mainly:
- Lecturer Grade: teach courses at both graduate and undergraduate levels and advice students;
- Research Fellow Grade: undertake institutional research and consultancy assignments;
- Training Facilitator I Resource Person Grade: facilitate sessions on continuous professional development and skills enhancement training programmes.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
- Successful candidates could be appointed on full-time or part-time basis (please indicate your preference),
- Duty posts are the Accra and Tamale campuses as well as other regional centres including Kumasi (please indicate your preference).
- Renumeration: is attractive
Required Skills or Experience
The candidate must
- Applicant must hold a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree relevant in the areas of specialization indicated above as well as teaching, research and community service experience from a recognized institution.
- Applicants with relevant Researched Master’s Degree with relevant experience could be considered for appointment as lecturers on the Institute’s undergraduate programme areas.
Training Facilitators/ Resource Persons
- Applicant must hold the relevant academic qualification.
- Membership of a recognized professional body and practical experience in the area of specialization will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit application letters indicating how his/her qualification(s) and experience match the requirement of the selected position together with the following:
Curriculum Vitae with full contact information of two (2) referees;
Photocopies of relevant certificates and other relevant supporting documents;
Applicants with foreign qualifications must attached verification reports from the National Accreditation Board.
Deadline for submission of Applications: The closing date for the submission of applications is 31st may, 2017. Addressed to:
Institute of Local Government Studies
P. O. Box LG 549,
Delivery may be by courier or personal delivery.
Electronic (soft copy) version should be forwarded to:[email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.