Posted on :
17 Jun, 2016
17 Jun, 2016
In line with our ambitious strategy for growth, IOI Loders Croklaan is expanding its Shea Business in Ghana.
We are looking for an energetic and experienced Human Resources Manager. In this challenging new position, you will help set up the new team and will be part of the local Management Team.
Our ideal candidate has a degree in Human Resources, a minimum of 5 years HR Management experience, solid knowledge of the Ghanaian Labor law, experience in an international company and/or abroad (preferably manufacturing) and is located in the Tema area. If you already have experience in the startup of a manufacturing site, that would be considered as a big plus.
Job Title: Human Resources manager
If you fit this description, please apply now to be part of this exciting new team!
You will develop, implement, deliver and follow up on:
• Set up Organizational structure and HR strategy in line with our company goal;
• Set up HR policies and procedures, in line with company HR standards and within the dictates of the relevant Labor Laws, rules and regulations;
• Purchasing of HR related services (Security, Transport of personnel, Cleaning a.o.)
• Set up Organizational training and development activities to strengthen skills & knowledge level as part of the onboarding of new employees;
• Recruitment process (including setting up the employee benefit package, recruiting for new candidates, conducting interviews and assessments) in close cooperation with the Recruitment department in the Netherlands;
• Periodic survey on remuneration and welfare packages of other competitors, particularly, with the view to ensuring that the Company’s pay structure and labor reward & incentive packages remain competitive;
• The Administration process for the HR department and general welfare policies such as; Recruitment, Orientation, Training, Payroll, Health and medical facility, Annual leave and other appropriate Labor reward and incentives.
• All other HR processes to ensure efficient delivery of services and assist in operational execution;
• A minimum of a Masters Degree in Human Resource;
• At least a proven track record of 5 years’ experience in a managerial HR role;
• Excellent knowledge of the relevant Ghanaian Labor Laws, rules and regulations;
• Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, benefits administration, organizational planning and development, employee relations, purchasing HR services, safety, health, training and development and office administration;
• Competent to use MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
• Located in the Tema area (Max 1 hour driving distance);
• Driving license
• Willing to be available outside office hours in case of urgent matters;
• Fluent in English, business level;
• Willing to travel;
• Demonstrate a strong ability to manage internal and external stakeholders;
• Subscribe to a high ethical and professional code of conduct and pledge to represent the company with the highest of professional standards;
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
• Proven ability to manage projects from beginning to completion, ‘can-do’ attitude and team worker;
• Experience or educational background in a foreign country;
• Experience within an international company, preferably a manufacturing company;
• Ability to prioritize and deliver on deadlines. Cool under pressure;
• High level negotiation/purchasing skills;
• A high level of energy and self-starter with the ability to think independently and take initiative with minimal direction;
• Research and analytical skills;
• Strong communication and networking skills with dynamic approach to people;
• Additional language (French is a plus);
The Choice for Shea and IOI Loders Croklaan
Shea grows in West-Africa only and IOI Loders Croklaan, with offices in Ghana and Burkina Faso, is active in eight countries in West-Africa.
IOI Loders Croklaan, part of the Malaysian IOI Group, is a global producer of oils, fats and nutritional ingredients. The core business is currently focused on palm oil, palm- and Shea-based fractions for applications in the food industry worldwide.
Manufacturing facilities are based in the Netherlands, United States, Canada and Malaysia and sales offices are located worldwide.