Posted on :
19 May, 2016
19 May, 2016
Gold Fields Ghana (GFG) is presently the number one gold mining company and largest gold producer in Ghana, with annual production in excess of 935,000 ounces from its two operating mines at Damang and Tarkwa. Gold Fields Ghana engages about 5,612 Ghanaians in direct employment. The Company is owned by Gold Fields Limited (GFL), a global multinational precious metals producer, which is headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa.
GFL is the world’s fourth and Africa’s number two leading producer of Gold with an attributed annualised production of 3.5 million ounces from eight operating mines in Australia, Ghana, Peru and South Africa. The Company’s symbol or totem which is very representative of its nature is the head of the lion. The lion is well known for its loyalty, strength, calmness and yet aggressive, diligence, commitment and strategic intelligence. The values of safety, responsibility, honest, respect, innovation and delivery are the core of Gold Fields’ business and the bases of interactions with communities in which it operates and its stakeholders.
Job Title: Chief Engineer
Company: Gold Fields Ghana Limited
Category: Mining / Petroleum
Job status: Full-Time
Experience: 10 years
Job expires: 27 May-2016
Purpose of the job:
• The Engineering Department of Damang Gold Mine is currently seeking to employ a Chief Engineer to manage and control all engineering activities of the Process plant, Mine infrastructure and Accommodation.
• These activities will include the management and control of a comprehensive maintenance and repair process.
• Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the chief engineer will be responsible for effective people management and equipment maintenance and repair in accordance with Gold Fields Ghana Operating Standards and Procedures, effective operational cost control, sound equipment availability/reliability, risk mitigating initatives and contract management as well as identify, implement and manage continuous improvement projects and program.
• Ensure sound principles of Health and Safety in line with gold fields standards and procedures
• Ensure that equipment availability and reliability are in line with approved targets
• Ensure that effective engineering standards and procedures are developed, sustained and implemented in compliance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 requirements
• Ensure that operational cost control is maintained to achieve budget targets
• Ensure that effective training and development of staff is implemented and sustained to enhance staff technical ability in preparation for more senior positions
• Ensure that effective interaction with operational personnel is upheld to optimize equipment performance, reliability and utilization
Qualification Required & Experience
• A tertiary qualification in the field of Mechanical/Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
• Must possess an Engineering Manager/Superintendent Certificate of competency
• A minimum of ten years technical experience in a maintenance function on process plant
• A minimum of three years engineering management experience at the level of Plant Engineer or Maintenance Superintendent
• Proven competency in the maintenance and project management of plant and equipment such as Crushers, Mills, Conveyor systems, CIL plant equipment including agitators, screens, thickeners, kilns, etc
• Sound business acumen and the ability to influence the main cost drivers in plant environment
• Strong organisational skills to manage mine maintenance and project work
• Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken, as well as the ability to interact with people of diverse cultures
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office / MS Project and a working knowledge of planned maintenance software packages (SAP PM)
• Technical problem solving and failure analysis capabilities with special emphasis on crushers, grinding mills, conveyors, pumps etc.
• Good understanding of high / medium voltage power distribution networks and the supply and synchronization of emergency power generation with a national grid
• A sound understanding of plant process control systems
• Medical fitness for the position and environment
• Knowledge on first aid and mine emergency procedure
• A valid Ghanaian driver’s license and a proficiency in driving light vehices
How To Apply For The Job
Interested parties should submit detailed curriculum vitae to:
The HR Officer,
Or email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 27 May, 2016