Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country.
Job Title: Telephone Operator
The incumbent in this position is responsible for answering all incoming calls originating from within and outside the hotel in a friendly and caring manner according to the Kempinski and KEA standards.
- Answer all incoming calls, connect them to the appropriate extension in an efficient, friendly and caring manner according to the Kempinski standards.
- Write down messages accurately for our guests and deliver messages in a timely manner.
- Handle guests’ requests for DND (Do Not Disturb) and confidential status.
- Answer all guest questions / requests in a friendly and caring manner, take appropriate actions or if needed, refer the matters to the relevant persons to handle.
- In case of emergency, handles all communications for the hotel whilst serving as the communication center.
- Keep abreast of telephone directory, new staff and leavers, emergency procedures, special promotions and general hotel product knowledge.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills And Qualifications
- Must be a Citizen
- Equivalent of HND in related field or higher
- One year experience in a customer service oriented position.
- Excellent oral and written skills, Additional language – beneficial
- Good listening, oral and writing skills
- Basic knowledge of Hotel Business Operations
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Knowledge in Opera PMS